lost the background music

gjw

Hi - I don't know how it happened, but I no longer have the background music.  The sound slider is all the way up and I can hear the environmental sounds but I kind of miss hearing the dance sounds when the vills and my creature got hoppin.  I don't see anything in the docs about it.  If you can point me at a solution, I'd appreciate it.  TIA...gjw

Copy the audio folder on your CD into your B&W folder. I had the same problem before. You can also use the audio fixer which is on this site, but that did not bring ALL the music off the cd, (For example event music didn't come with, just the general background music).  But, for now, I'll tell you how to do it manually, which will probably give you the best results. Go into My Computer, right click on your CD-ROM with the B&W play disc in it, and click open. There should be a folder in there called Audio. Right click on that folder, and select copy. Then, go to the directory you installed B&W (Usually this would be something like C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black &White) right click on an empty spot, and select paste. If something comes up to ask you to replace the files, just click yes to all. Now you should have all the music and sounds in the game. Plus it won't need to read the CD off the music so if you were having that annoying drive spinning problem, it should solve that.

Thanks for the replies.  I'd figured that I'd somehow mistakenly hit a secret key combination that shut off the background music.  As usual, the obvious answer is the right one.  Thanks for setting me straight!...gjw

There's a bug with the game where it won't go to the CD drive for the music if the V1.20 patch is installed. It's a common problem. :yes

You did hit a secret key combination. You doubleclicked on the 1.02 patch!  :laugh2

Well, I copied the sound folder from the cd to my install and now I have the background music back but I've lost all the other sounds  :shocked  - no creature sounds, no narrator ("desciple fisherman" announcements), no environmental sounds (rain, baaing sheep, etc).  I think I may have to save my player and then do a complete re-install of the game.  As long as I don't have to start over (again).  Thanks for the help...gjw[br][br]Added: Oct 23, 2006, 02:35 AMGot it!  The cd had been in the drive so long that it had gotten filthy.  When I copied the sound folder into the install, the music files copied ok but the rest of the files were corrupted.  Cleaned the cd, recopied the folder and everything works now.  Thanks again for the help...gjw

Dirt is your enemy.  :devil You are a god, you should destroy dirt.  :suspect

Back