LH has stopped working error

Onurb

every time I try to play either the first black & white or creature isle I keep getting this error "lh has stopped working". I have vista on my computer and my computer beats the hell out of the minimum requirements. I've looked this issue up on other sites but haven't found any answers. I've reinstalled both games several times. I have been running the game as an administrator, which does not help. I'm sure it's something to do with vista I just don't know what to do to fix it. If any one could help I'd be extremely grateful... I just want to play my freakin game!!

Vista is fine, make sure you have thelatest ersion of direct x on your pc.
also make sure it installed into the right directory, if yournot the admin on the pc, yet your account has admin propperties this can be troublesome to get everything registered.

direct x is fine. I only have one account on computer and it is the administrator. the game ran fine for a while then slowly started crashing, now I cant run it at all.

Do you have the V1.20 patch instaled?

If Vista still has the compatibilty mode, try running it as a Win 98 program.

v1.2 wont help because I dont need multiplayer support and I've tried running them with and without the patches, and I've tried changing the compatibililty mode, still no luck.

The reason for suggesting the V1.20 patch is that it also contains the fixes in the V1.10 patch, as well as some fixes for XP.

This might not be relevant, but are your drivers (video and audio) up to date?

drivers and video are up to date. seems to be running again... for now.. I'll be back if it crashes again. thanks for the help.

hmm, i Just got this erroe, three times  in one day.

I think I got it however because I used the creature changer....
I changed my creature to an orge yet everytime it respawned it would give the `lh has stopped working' error.
then I chaanged my creature back to a cow- its orignal ofrm- and it worked fine......half an hour into a skirmish and it crashes.....

+ on a side note, even before the crashes I have not been able to save a game... it auto saves my campaigh, yet when I manually save a skirmish and go to the save hall...nothing, nada , ziltch. :help

I got mine running again,but still one problem.About 4/5 times I capture a town it crashes to the LH has stoped working screen right when it triggers the fireworks it crashes,it gets irritating when I don't save,so please  :help

Back