last land

Rosswell21

im on the last land, and just need to take over the capitol. i destroyed all of his army but the catapults spawn out of nowhere every 10seconds. so i cant take the capitol because by the time i got there about 50 of them were spawned and they take out my men easily
is this a glitch or is this suppose to happen?

If I remember correctly, if you try to enter the capital city from the front, the Aztec god boasts that no one can conquer him by doing that or some such thing.  I think this means:

You can't take the last town by entering through the front. If you start to send your army around the back, the Good Advisor says there is a back way around.

well i think he says that because he has archers onthe walls and catapults on the hills next to the walls. what im talking about is a single catapult that sits behind both walls and spawns another catapult every 10 seconds. all other platoons in his city are destroyed

Well, in that case, it might be a bug.  I've never had that happen to me.  I have a saved game on the last land, I could try seeing if I can destroy all his armies and see if that happens.

OK, I created an army of 700+ and attacked the capital city.  I volcanoed both the back and the right side of the city, destroying all his armories.  I then killed all the soldiers I could find.  I attacked the catapults, and exactly what you describe is happening--the catapults spawn and take out my army.

But...

If I simply direct my army to capture the city (by holding my army flag over the town center and waiting for it to show "Capture," then clicking to send my army there) I can take over the city before his armies can kill all my soldiers.

alright ill try that
hopefully the catapults wont hit most of my guys because they will be on the opposite side of the town center(the catapults usually just stay in 1 spot when they fire so they cant hit my people)
Thanks Mary26

Back