Land Barrier

Lollo

Anyone else notice an invisible barrier around the lands?
It's invisible until you go up to it.
I tried it while the game was paused, and it made a barrier around the island!
:woot It looks like the Northern Lights...^_^

Hmm I've never seen this before. I zoom out a lot including whenever i pause the game to stop the music and bird squawking from bothering me. All I ever see is a big red influence circle.

I've never seen an influence circle turn white when zooming out before. Perhaps the game doesn't like your graphics card?

Are you using on-board graphics? The built-in ones aren't really designed for full screen gaming, it may be glitching because of this.

Khazar, that is actually the map's border, not the influence ring. You can only see it when you touch it (with the camera, when you move further outside of a map) and if you don't pause when it appears it just appears for 2-3 seconds. Wherever it appears, only the part you touched is going to be shown. To make it appear like he did, you pause the game and go on a trip to hit every single part of the limit. When you zoom out, it'll look like the picture he showed. When you unpause the game, you'll see the entire wall slowly fading. If you look at a part of the wall in-game while paused, you'll notice that it actually is a sort of mosaic of purple and green flames.

Ades said:
You can only see it when you touch it (with the camera, when you move further outside of a map) and if you don't pause when it appears it just appears for 2-3 seconds.

Adding on to what Ades said, you can also do it while the game in unpaused. You just keep going in a certain direction, and you'll soon reach the barrier. A weird sound will play, almost like its deflecting you.
:blush

I knew about the barrier, but I didn't realize it set off the whole thing around the whole land.

Cool screenshot.

Back