Land 8 (Aztec 1) quests (fields on fertile land & attack at night)

bw2fan

:help

How exacty do you complete these two quests?

I am finishing the land, and "attack only at night" quest is still active so I assumed that since it has not been failed, it will complete. But it does not complete.

And I would really appreciate if someone gave me some idea about the fields quest. I don't have many fields, but all of them are on fertile land, and the quest would not complete at the end of the mission. Do you have to put fields on *all* fertile land on the map or something?

Thanks.

When you click the scroll to move onto the next land those quests will be marked complete and you'll receive the tribute for them.

Its the same for the fields as long as all your fields are on fertile land when you move on

When the screen goes black you may see the quest bar appear on the side with those quest marked as complete. You may also hear the sound of tribute being given to you.

Hello.

Thank you for responding.

Let me clarify a few things.

Before exiting Land 8 by the gold scroll, here is how my quests look like: five active quests, everything else is complete:

YJWVdk6.jpg

And my available tribute is 481k:

imb0Ehq.jpg

After clicking the gold scroll, I get three quest completions, worth 18k tribute total:

960Z0jo.png

And the fact that I get only +18k tribute is confirmed by my 499k (481 + 18) at the start of Land 9:

985Ykk7.jpg

Which means that:

1) I did not get "Only attack at night" quest complete, even though I got the "Never attack" complete ( why? how? ? ? ? this quest only fails if you attack at day, but how do you attack at day when you never attack... )
2) I did not get the "Build all fields on fertile land" quest complete, even though before I click on the gold scroll the quest is active, and the only field on the land looks like this (yes, I did rigorously check the entire map, twice, with an amphitheater blueprint for any stray fields, there are none):

CCUbARl.jpg

So my question remains: how exactly do you complete these two?

Thanks.

The quests "Never Attack" and "Only attack under cover of night" are conflicting quests. To get one you must surrender the other. Which makes it impossible to get both. To get the "Only attack under cover of night" you must attack. The reason it still appeared as uncompleted is because the game is still waiting for you to attack someone.

As for the "Only build fields on fertile land". BW2 is far from a perfect game. Perhaps there is a bug in their code which caused you to lose the quest. I'll guessing that this bug occurred because you destroyed the other fields on the land. So in other words I have no idea why you didn't get this quest.

Thank you for responding.

Up until this point in game, I have completed every single quest on all of the maps, including getting the small and large rewards for throwing the invincible man on both maps that he appears on.

The margin of error to complete all of them was so small that I had to restart from norse land three times from scratch, and to intentionally force a game bug that I have accidentally discovered to take effect on japanese land 3.

The fact that I can not complete all quests due to
1) inter-quest conflict
and
2) completion validation bug

makes me really sad.

But I guess there is basically no way for me to work around this situation.

I will consider that I have completed those two anyway and will proceed... Only land 9 left and quests there are a piece of cake.

Thanks again.

Back