Resource icon

L3D Visualizer 1.0.0

I recommend this only for those who wish to view any creature meshes or textures they download. There isn't much else to it, but you don't need much else unless you are editing.

This is an extremely useful tool for skin makers. It allows you see almost exactly how your new skins will look in-game, and it allows you to take pictures. (PC users, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and try to paste it in paint. PM me if you don't understand.)

This an absolutely amazing mod, but I'm curious, where's the mesh for the creature's tails? My blue wolf looks quite ridiculous with a purple tail. If anybody knows where that is, if not the way to work with the mesh, atleast the color, I'd greatly appreciate it.

For the wolf's tail the C_Ape_Hair.raw file is used. Which is the same file that is used for the hair on all creatures. It gets it's colour from the game engine and not the skin file. Editing the colour of it, will change the fur colour for all creatures.

So you're kinda stuck with a purple tail on your wolf.

You can use MilkShape to edit the RGB value of the tail, so you can change its colour. Its pretty easy, but i dont think the wolf can be used on online games then, because there will be synchronisation issues.

As B&W is now such an old game, most of the tools used to modify it are similarly old and so have trouble running on newer Operating Systems.

The first thing to try is to change the compatibility of the program.  Right click on the executable file and select "Properties".  Find the Compatibility tab and set the "Compatibility mode" to Run the program for an earlier Operating System of your choice.  Typically, most people chose a version of XP.

Once you do that, try to run it again and see if that does anything :;): .

hey, thanks for reply. Apparently this tool works only when I run it on 256 colours. Changing operating system doesn't work. But better this than nothing  :)
I wish the color swapper would work though :( changing the compatibility to other system doesn't help either...
thx

Back