installing issues

soundofpillows

hello i am having a problem running black&white 2 , recently i used a system recovery and now have to reinstall all of my programs. that mean si also have to reinstall black&white 2. but when i try to insall it after about a minute ot 2 of installing
it says,

"Direct X did not finish installing. please run this installer again to complete this installation"

and i've tried doing it several times so if any one can help i'm desperate  :worship

Try dowloading DX9c from the MS site and see if that will install. If not do you have all of the windows updates installed.

Fixed: all you have to do is go here to get a dll file and put it in your system 32 folder and run bnw2
(aren'ts I smarts  :p)

Do you have the patches installed? ???

How did you save your profiles?

i could try reinstalling my patches
and there  is nothing wrong with the save game files but i need to be able to reinstall it but it just says,
"Direct X did not finish installing. please run this installer again to complete this installation"

Off course you can't uninstall it because it's not completely installed to start with.

Did you try dowloading DX9c and try to install that seperately?

Is your CD scratched or dirty?

After the game is loaded not the whole CD is read, just a tiny bit if it. It did load originaly and not now so something is different. And a CD does get scratched and/or dirty over time.

Also are you video and audio drivers up to date?

Another thought is that your CD drive is dying or maybe  just dirty. Can you load other games without problem?

Back