I heard that you can make the weather like yours.

I'm not sure if it still works, but if you have Internet access while playing the game, yes, there is a plug-in that allows this. Or was. Like I said, it might be outdated or rely on a server/function that no longer exists or is not usable for that purpose.

The local weather feature  (from memory) used to use  the  Lionhead servers that closed years ago.
But you may be able to use B&W Weather Station .  If Kayssplace  don't have it.  I do but  I have no idea if it  will work on modern PC's  the program is from 2003.

I have no idea if it  would work as I have  no old PC with XP 32 or 64. You can have the zip file if you like, but  that is as far as it goes.

I think I had it running on XP a long while back. So it should work if the software does.

Then again, I've never cared much for intentionally making a game sync with real life; My philosophy is, if it is raining outside and you want to experience rain, go outside. So I only ever used this particular feature briefly as a novelty.

The game  sync's with real life weather you want it to or not .... Next time you play at night and it is night in the  game ........Look at the  moon in game and outside,  the moon is always matching  :D

O rly? I've actually noticed that, but it is nothing to do with weather; The phase of the moon is based on system clock. So change the date to, say, the next full moon, and the moon in game will be full. (And evil conscience will say, "Full moon tonight. Wish it was blood-red, though." Not sure if good characters will get a different message.)

But that is different from whether it is raining or so forth in any place in the world, which would be impossible to accurately predict as early as 2001.

They also make comments about the time. I'm nocturnal and I always get, "Boss, you're up too late. Even us evil guys need our beauty sleep." Or something along those longs.

OK what I really meant was........ outside of the game elements  from real life like moon, time of day and Weather........... just used the word "weather" as a catch all for these effects.

I'm mostly nocturnal, but they've never commented on it... Then, the time I usually spend playing B&W is between noon and six in the evening. Otherwise it's just to test-run maps.

(I usually go to bed between four and six in the morning and get up between ten and noon.)

I will PM you a link as soon as I get home probably  7-8PM Friday evening. UK time.

if someone can tell me where to download this, i've reinstalled this classic in 2017 I'd love the weather station

Back