How to make a map from scratch

Hurrah! Much obliged, Andux. Though, this is right after I managed to get Patrick's trick to work (I should be releasing maps soon), but at least future landscapes should be a lot easier.  :D

Thanks I just got to adding it.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1116

The download submission widget doesn't like my .zip package

It got flagged as an invalid MIME type. What are you using to zip your files with?

Kays said:
It got flagged as an invalid MIME type. What are you using to zip your files with?

7-Zip. What MIME type is it expecting? According to regedit, .zip files are registered as application/x-zip-compressed on my system.

That's the same for my system. But the file you submited was "application/download". Which is not one of the four types checked for. Nor could I find it when I Googled it.

But since 7-Zip is commonly used I did add it to the MIME type listing.

I can confirm that this does work, and very easily, and also that I should finally get around to releasing a map next weekend.

Also, there was some stuff about fractal maps earlier, and it gave me an idea.
If you take a photograph and copy it to the 512x512 .raw, resizing as necessary, you can then apply a country texture with light top and dark bottom to make interesting landscapes that show the photograph when viewed from above. I haven't made an actual map with one, but the test maps using black and whites of Margot Fonteyn and Doris Humphrey look really pretty.

This I've got to see. Do post a screenshot when you have it done. :yes

Back