How to get the extra land in BOTG (SEVERE SPOILER or fun addon if you missed it)

Gremxula

Elder
As you play through the game you need to collect 3 statues one from each land to get the bonus land.
statuesbotg.jpg

The locations of the statues are marked for each land...... :D

Thanks for posting that Grem. :D

I saw the other land in when poking through the folders but wondered how to get to it.

There was talk about this on the official B&W2 forums too, but no one has posted the locations of all three statues there yet as far as I can see.  Ta for this Grem, I spent quite a while last night trying to find that last statue :;): .

Yeah  it is only for the first time thruogh in a profile. I found out the hard way just been through a second time and it don't work.  :(

Heh.  I just beat the game and got onto the bonus land.  Looks like fun, but it's late here and I've already stayed up late too many nights this week playing this game (which is good in the sense that that means it's a good game), but man am I sleepy :cry .  I've saved it off and I might play it when I get back to my comp Sunday night.

And for those like myself who are too lazy to play through BOTG to get to that land, there is a cheat to get to it.. :D

Open the Battle of the Gods\Scripts folder.
Rename map.txt to oldmap.txt
Rename bmap.txt to map.txt
Start a new profile in BOTG and start a new game.

Dose that activate it as a playable option in the main menu ?
Just wondering as the bonus land looks like the gateway to future skirmish maps.

No, it just takes you straight into the land with the turtle as a creature.

Thats interesting Kays.
To me this says you can possibly leave your existing game intact and use bmap.txt for the modded maps.
Starting to look like Skirmish to me. For those with an active bonus button at least.

Yah, but unless LHS starts making skirmish maps or releases the enums and compiler for BOTG, I can't see it happening. ???

Not that  I have looked into it but if you can move the bonus land  into the main game. Then it may work the other way round.
You could move a main game map to bonus level and if that works then why not replace the bonus land directly with one of the modified main game maps.
If it works that way then we could have main game intact plus a "guest map" in the bonus position. I think all the required tools are inplace already.
I wasn't thinking of a full game mod, just a handy way of playing the moded lands.
Thinking about it the replay value of BOTG is quite low so by the time you get the bonus land available and played that nobody would want that anyway.

I have beaten the last land now, and I've clicked on all the statues. Do I click one of the Gold Scrolls? If so, which one? :help

Never got that far myself. But if no one else answers, save the game first and pick a gold scroll. :)

I forget which one it is, but one of those scrolls will ask if you want to leave the land forever.  Confirm it and you should be taken back to the B&W2 main menu.  A new button should be available at the bottom of the screen saying "Bonus Land".  Click on it and you're there :;): .

WHAT???? That might mean theres no BLACK & WHITE 3! (LEAVE THE LAND FOREVER!!!!) FOREVER! PAH! IF THEIR IS NO BLACK AND WHITE 3 IM CREATING ONE MY SELF  :laugh2 ( Soz caps lol!)

ha Duke Nukem Graphics Here we come!

Kayss whats the cheat for bonus land i went through the game twice in one day but it didnt work....

Back