How to change creature type?

ToolOfDestruction

Does anyone know how to change your creature type in BoTG? I'm playing the bonus land now and this turtle is really getting on my nerves. I want my tiger back!

I tried copying the creature files from my last save game in Land 4 to my bonus land save game folder. That sort of worked, I got a creature with all the stats and knowledge my tiger had, but it's still a turtle :(.

Wally's creature changer didn't work either. Does BoTG have a console or command-line for typing commands while running a game?

I never got to the bonus land so I don't know if the turtle is the default.  But if switching the creature files didn't work I know of no other way to use your creature in the bonus land.

Except for possibly switching the associated creature files. That's the three bturtlte files in the Data\ctr folder, replace with the four btiger files from the main game (unstuffer required to see them) and rename the bturtle folder to btiger.

Which for some reason I don't think will work. So do backup your files before trying it.

Yeah, I tried doing a couple things like that. I either got an invisible creature that crashed the game, or an ape that didn't make any sounds. I got the tiger model to show up once, but it was all messed up and shredded.

That's too bad.

The reason I thought it wouldn't work is because I got the same sort of results when trying to bring a BotG creature into BW2. So I suspected the result might of been the same the other way around.

Back