How to add new blocks to landscape files?

LihavaApiba

I have tried to add new blocks to some landscape files.
Problem is that only landscape editing tools which has ability to add new block is eden project.
So if I edit landscape files (land1) with edenproject and save it (land1_modded).
After this lnd -file is corrupted:
-added extra block isn't showing in game or BWSurveyor. In Sculpt Ed it is and I can edit it.
-when looking from distant the map looks quite odd http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=2034.0

BWSurveyor or Sculpt Ed won't corrupt saved files but it seems that they  have no ability to add new blocks.

Ive tried to make 'custom' maps for the first black and white series and it doesn't turn out right, also why did you quote from my topic?

In my opinion I think that maps should be made using the tool- BWSurveyor

After making the map using that tool, load up a a 'COPY' into eden project and also load a new blank map and try to make it look like the map you loaded first, BWSurveyor and Sculpt Ed are different to Eden Project so it causes glitches. I have never tried this method but I am going to try it some time.

The only success I had was with removeing blocks.
BWSurveyer  is the best of the bunch but try to keep the editing  to a session or 2.
The tile/block edges  start to bleed through with  several saves.
For my money  you can create totally new  landscapes  if you want  but they have to be carved from existing ones.
Part of the reason home made maps break up on zooming out  is that we only edit the xxx.lnd file, but the offiicial maps also have an xxx.fot file  as well .
Before someone else  points it out  Land5 has 3 landscape files .lnd, .fot and  .ln

Hmm, I only see two files for Land5. Also LandT doesn't have a .fot file. ???

Just saying what I see, for my install.
The main lands including MP  have the  xxx.fot files
I expect LHS didn't expect people  to zoom out  on that very basic training ground.
:blush  just forget about the .ln files  they were part of  project  that I forgot about , it never made it  to beta.
B&W2 came out  and the project died.

So there is no other tool than edenp. that can add blocks to landscape files?

If I could just somehow:
1) export raw height map, bump map, noise map... from existing landscape file
2)edit the heightmap with photoshop
3)and then put them  back together with Lndromat.

Really the best advice is  to edit down  any existing  landscape  with as few saves as  possible  in  B&WSurveyer.
Photoshop  is  not relevant to the practical the  of the file types involved, you may be  able to do it , with a lot of work and I look forward to reading your tutorial on  how to.

Back