How many miracles can your creature learn

googlerizer

:help :shocked Ive got a horse and i don't know how many miracles he can learn he knows heal,water and strengthen all on 100% help

CreatureTeacher, or something like that, does that.

But it sucks because then you still have to teach them when to use the miracles and stuff, and if you use it (in my opinion) the game loses *~fun-factor~* >:0

*~yay n00b talk~*

I suppose in the downloads here, haven't used it in forever.

Just to point out one or two things:

• B&W1 creatures can't learn every miracle.  They can't learn extreme version of miracles, e.g. fireball, mega blast, etc. because they'd be too powerful for online play.  Also, they can learn teleport, but will probably never use it no matter how hard you try.
  • Any creature trainer you get will only give your creature the knowledge of miracles but will not teach them how to use it.  This may lead to undesirable behaviour from you creature until you can teach him how to use all the miracles, e.g. fireballing villagers, zapping your templet with lightening and so on.

Hope that helps.

No body has mentioned it yet but even if your creature learned all possible miracles he would only ever use 2-4 on a regular basis.
The creatures AI works in a specific way and without going into detail it is almost impossible to have the priorities of just 4-5 miracles so closely matched in training that you can predict what he will use and when.
Training for just 2-3 is much more practical.

Darkside said:
where you get the creature teacher then?

The creature teacher is a part of Cache Cheats. Check the readme.txt.

fenton_pat said:
Just to point out one or two things:

• B&W1 creatures can't learn every miracle.  They can't learn extreme version of miracles, e.g. fireball, mega blast, etc. because they'd be too powerful for online play.  Also, they can learn teleport, but will probably never use it no matter how hard you try.

I believe that they can learn all miracles, it's just that they won't/can't use the extreme versions.

Once they know how to use them, they will use teleports to get around if they exist.

Gremxula said:
No body has mentioned it yet but even if your creature learned all possible miracles he would only ever use 2-4 on a regular basis.
The creatures AI works in a specific way and without going into detail it is almost impossible to have the priorities of just 4-5 miracles so closely matched in training that you can predict what he will use and when.
Training for just 2-3 is much more practical.

They will use more on a regular basis. I think it's more like 2 or 3 per situation. Mine readily uses three for impressing. two when taunting an other creature and about two also when being aggressive in a village. Plus he'll heal himself when damaged and water trees on occasion.

So I think that a creature can use about a dozen miracles on a regular basis. But only a couple for each situation.

Just a follow up on Pat's last comment. I had a creature which had learned most miracles by a different method and wasn't taught how to use then. When impressing one village, he did the storm extreme, walked into it and killed himself. :D

Kays said:
Once they know how to use them, they will use teleports to get around if they exist.
Let me re-phrase that.  I meant they won't cast their own teleport.  You'reperfectly right in that they will go through ones that already exist.  My bad.

At the bottom of the readme for CachePackX

Creature Changer (May Require BWEdit 2.0)
(Works with both B&W and CI. You can change your creature to any creature you want.)
Creature Aligner 1.3 (May Require BWEdit 2.0)
(Works with both B&W and CI. You can change your creatures alignment, height, strength, fatness, age, energy, tiredness, and poo.)
Creature Teacher (May Require BWEdit 2.0)
(Teaches your creature all miracles.)

Tyke Aligner(May Require BWEdit 2.0)
(Beta Version Only! Change your tyke's alignment, height, strength, fatness, age, energy, tiredness, and poo.)

Yes Kays your probably right for a normal game, the only time I play B&W1 these days is for speed.
So my creatures "old and new" only ever see the same situation time after time. The only job my creatures have is converting villages .
It's amazing how fast you can get and stay on the good side of neutral. Forget influence rings, building wonders, silver scrolls etc.
My good creatures beside the posing and story telling tend to use just 2 miracles heal increase and flying flock to convert the normal 500 village. Fireball is reserved for the enemy temple. Most lands will complete within an hour but L5 is about 2-2.30m.
Sorry about getting so far off topic.

It seems it never has been or not since the 2002 version. The version I have in my archive from an old PC is the same version as listed here. With no apparent miricle teacher.

I'll have to see which versions I have. I thought we had the latest version available for download. ???

Back