How do you like my towns?

Kirays

Hello!

I've done this type of thread before, back in April for the Battle Of The Gods expansion pack.
This time I'll show you pictures of the original game - towns I have created the last two weeks.

Feedback is appreciated. :)

Land 3:

Due to how the land is formed and lack of tribute to buy buildings there is nothing special to see here.

uA8DPtO.jpg

Land 4:

aGDfIJf.jpg

Land 5:

hFaoiJq.jpg

cLvPSBt.jpg

g3NozZi.jpg

Land 6:

UGNqPkS.jpg

bQ5OeVb.jpg

LldAvCG.jpg

Land 7:

DtxWsck.jpg

Ta1Uo26.jpg

K8HYWgc.jpg

Land 8:

m4wMpSB.jpg

e5krh9T.jpg

I've been thinking how to execute this properly and this is the result.

TlDFQa9.jpg

Wow, those are some really nice towns!  :D

I like how you use two types of suburbs, your town on the last Japanese land is a great example you have rows of houses in the middle around the nurseries, but then in the back you have more of a garden layout.

I also like the housing variety. A lot of times I look at people's villages and everything is just villas, but you are using villas, manors, and mansions. But if you're going for a visually appealing town you should mix in some houses and hovels, because right now looking at your towns I see a lot of orange, hovels and houses will give more verity in the colours seen from further away, making the town look more interesting. At least that's my opinion you may like all the orange roofs.

One more thing, I noticed that you still have a lot of the original trees there still, like in the images for the first Aztec land. Which make me wonder where all the wood is coming from for these towns, or are you using cheats?  :laugh2

Thanks!
The houses and novels are a great idea, I'll include them the next time I build a city.

I'm not using any cheats or edited game files, just the original game with the patches and lots of water. :)

If you hit the gold scroll at the end of the last land, you can do another playthrough with all the building you bought (with tribute). So if you wanted to do a bigger build in the last Norse land with more buildings, you have the option.

Back