help with population !!!!

MigX

Hello everyone, anyone knows about this problem?

When i created breeders, and much houses, the population grows up.... when i have too many people, my villagers starts... "dont do nothing", the stay quie, and do nothing than this.... anyone can help me? Some thing can i edit to fix this issue?  :help

I believe what you're referring to is the infamous lag - when the game has a lot of things to process, especially a somewhat micro-managing thing like villagers, it starts to slow the process with which they all react because there are so many of them and each has to be 'given task' or whatever. The enemy villagers should be noticably lagging around as well.

I don't think there is a way to fix it, as I think I remember its a game issue related to the engine, which luckily doesn't always mean your computer is the culprit.

It sucks! It's the only thing that prevents anyone from having 1000-men platoons throw each other around like idiots  :no

Oh... there will be a way to enhance the game engine, some hexadecimal edits, or something, i created a 3000 men platoon, and i have ultimate hyper lag, ... then, the game crashes c: .... this issue is not pressent in black and white 1, (i had more than 3000 villagers in that game) and here, cant create a city with brutal population

Yes it's fairly limited - very inconvenient. Perhaps now that the OGaM (team?) have returned to their previous work there may be changes and other useful things pertaining to enhancement of BW2  :yes

I'm just digging up this topic because I have another a question about population. I've got a map where there are about 3000 inhabitants and the game crashes anytime I load this particular map...
I'm going to buy a new computer so I would like to know if more RAM or a a better processor is required to solve this problem ? Or it has nothing to do with that ?

Both are probably (somewhat) equally contributing to combating lag, but 3k citizens are often something the game itself will probably not be able to handle on its own. If I recall correctly, having even 1 thousand made it quite noticeably laggy for citizens/troops to move around. There's probably no way around that unless the engine could be modified to that particular need, which may or may not be found in the OGaM project.

But as always, that's only what I think. I could very well be wrong! You could try loading it with your new PC and see if it changes, then it'll be certain.

Back