Help with Landscape editor

Willy

Administrator
Elder
I have been planning a new land over the last few weeks. But I have come across a problem.
I can't use the landscape editor.
When I try to open it or open a land I have made before I get three messages.
Fatal Error

Failed to initialise 3D system

[Program Closes]

Failed to create empty document

Hmm, have you tried running it in a Compatability Mode or Run as Administrator ?  Some of these older programs are a bit fussy with Win7 and Win8.

Well lets face it Windows sucks.
But I did try running as Administrator. I get the same errors.
I am not sure what Compatability Mode is. I am running windows 7.

Windows is fine.

To run in compatibility mode, right-click on the shortcut (or executable) and select "Properties." Click on the "Compatibility" tab. From here, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose the desired mode from the drop-down box. "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" is what you'll want to choose for a B&W2 era program.

The compatibility didn't work either. I tried Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I got the same errors.

I can't run the unstuffers either. All that happens is a black box appears for a sec than its gone.

sorry... but it's easy...

1st: go to the lionhead unstuffer folder, and EDIT (no double click, just EDIT) the LH Unstuffer Batch.bat file, no all pc have the same path to the everithing.stuff, example:

-LionheadUnstuffer -d -path "C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Data\Everything.stuff"-

this is the content of the .bat file. Edit the "quotes", change it for another paths, the first is for the black and white 2 folder directory (exe file) and the second is the path for the everithing.stuff. if u done this well, the unstuffer will extract all textures for edit and the landscape editor.

2nd: go to the landscape folder and open landscapeeditor.ini

in the sector (path) change the predetermined path, for your black and white 2 folder path (the exe folder)

3rd: now u can open the landscape editor without problems, i hope it can help u, i had the same problem, but with practice and investigations, finally can use this great editor, good luck! if u have questions, dont worry, i will help u any time, and sorry for my bad english (soy de chile).

I can get the Black & White 2 Landscape Editor to open and everything is set up correctly but it stops working and is stuck at a black screen. Can you help me with the issue?

I have been planning a new land over the last few weeks. But I have come across a problem.
I can't use the landscape editor.
When I try to open it or open a land I have made before I get three messages.
Fatal Error

Failed to initialise 3D system

[Program Closes]

Failed to create empty document

The reason why it's showing those errors is because you don't have the game installed in the same location that's listed in your landscape.ini/configuration file. either you install the game to that location or you can change the path location in the .ini, then after that run the unstuffer exe and batch file and there you go.

Back