Help with 1st Patch

balsis

I'm guessing I won't get help with this, but I can try at least.

Hey, I'm new here first of all. Love Black and White, been a fan for many a year. Anywho.

I recently arrived at the 4th land, got my ass kicked by fireball storm, lost the level. I restarted at the third land. Went thru the portal, and my creature forgot every thing. I was reading about Patch 1, and it said it fixed this. GREAT! I thought.

Too bad the patch won't work for me.

I'm guessing it's because my CD became unusable a long time ago, so I was forced to crack it. That right there is going to deter you guys from helping me, but I'm really hoping someone does. In case it's not because of this.

Hi and wecome our forums. :)

It sounds like you just encountered the memory loss bug. If you've been making backups using BWBackup then you should be able to extact the creaturemind file and replace the corrupt one with it.

Have you tried the V1.20 patch? It has all of the fixes of the V1.10 patch. The other thought would be to pick up a new copy of B&W and install that. The game can be found in the bargain bins for a reasonable price now.

I'll go try the version2 patch. Here's hoping it works!

I'll get around to rebuying the game soon, but this is just so much more easy. Dont' have to go searching for the CD every time I wanna play.  :p

Darn. It didn't. Looks like I'll be ordering from Amazon. I'll probably get CI, too. Maybe. Hmm.

Back