Help me pick a creature for my new game?

thimbletwix

I got a copy of Black and White Platinum for Christmas, and I'm delighted to have it.  :D I've been playing around with a few creatures, but I'm having a LOT of difficulty selecting and sticking with one.  Any recommendations? I'd like a self-sufficient creature that can care for villages as well as impress, definitely good and loveable. I'd love an intelligent creature like the ape, but his short attention span is frustrating and I'm wondering if there's anything more suitable.

Also, is there a place where I can see pictures of each creature in all their alignment forms?

Finally, what happens to be your personal favourite, regardless of whether or not they're what I'm hoping for?  :)

Thanks for any and all help and comments!  :blush

I use the Ape. The Ape learns very quick however the only thing wrong with it is short attention span. I used the horse for sometime however it has the same problem as the Ape.

I use the Ape. The Ape learns very quick however the only thing wrong with it is short attention span. I used the horse for sometime however it has the same problem as the Ape. When i had the Bear i did notice that it learns slower however it has a better attention span then the more intelligent creatures. I would think the best place to look at pictures of different creatures would be here, look under CreatureMind Files and you can see some pictures. 

My Favorite creature would happen to be the Bear.

The creatures are all different so you have to find the creature that suits you the best.

Also you should check out some of the Map Downloads  :angel Look at Kays training map if you haven't already, it really helps making your creature good at managing your villages for you. =)

Ps: Sorry about not finishing my post. My computer freaked out.

The horse is cute, smart, and very fast.  It's more attentive than the Ape, too.  The horse is my favourite good creature, but it's absolutely hideous when evil.

If you download the L3D Viewer, you can see what the creatures look like when good, neutral and evil.  A lot of skin packs have pictures that show the creatures in their three morphs...

Kays Training Map is a good skirmish/practice map to train a creature in.

Tiger is my choice.
Slow to learn but that is a good thing as it makes him slow to forget. Apes and other quick learners  can often pick up on your mistakes too quick and undo your plans for your perfect creature.
Much has been said over the years about training but for me all the "Perfect Creature " needs to know is......
The Basics
Cast Water and  Heal mainly  for his own use. Fishing so he can feed himself.
Respect my villagers and villages.
More Advanced
If you wan't to base build your way through the game that's fine and your creature will need very little extra training. Perhaps Dancing and  story telling could be  useful.
I tend to play a bit more  aggressively either good or evil and send out my creatures to win villages for me.
Good/Evil Creature.....Flying Birds/Bats, Heal Increase  and generally Water/Storm.  Having a creature that smashes  a village to bits may be fun for  a few moments but takes  a lot of time to repair. The more intact you take a village the sooner  you can expand  :)
No need to teach more than 3-4 above the basic as they will almost never get used.
Final word.
The  same creature is not suitable for all game modes. In the olden times most MP players would not  dream of trying to  play B&W with their MP trained creature. 
It is  personal choice your creature needs  to be prepared not only for the game/MP/Skirmish  but the way you play it.  :D

I have an ape as well fully grown and complety gold who knows everything also looking for those who can face me in B&W CI to see if anyone can be a good challenge and yes I am a hardcore player on B&W I would love to see b&W 1 and CI to have new features and upgrade for offline and online play.

I pick the Tiger when I play. It's quite dumb, but it's easy to teach it things, and it's very good during combat, which can provide defense for your village if it gets attacked by another creature.

My favorite would have to be the Turtle. It's slow, but it's the best in the entire game. The best at fighting, amazing defense, and can be trained easily.

I have a similar opinion of the polar bear. Never had a bad experience with the polar bear. It just looks boring.

My new favourite is the leopard. No need for any miracles besides heal and birds, maybe food and/or wood, when something can just get around that fast and hit hard and fast in fights.

If you want a quick learner but good mooded creature than I say you should pick the zebra.
My zebra learns quickly but still can kick some enemy creature's butt if you fighting for a village.

Back