Help is needed

Willy

Administrator
Elder
A little while ago I got a new computer and I copied all the files from my old hard drive into a newer one.
And I have encountered problems with B&W 1
1 - When I reinstalde B&W 1 I could not get my old profiles back.
  I did however over come this problem, but now have come across another problem.
1.5 - I can no longer save games.
    When I create a save as soon as I leave the temple it is gone, but as long as I stay in the temple the save is still there.
    I have tried to delete all old save games but did not work.

How can I fix this?

You probably don't need to copy ALL the game files to the new computer...  If I recall correctly, some of the game data is saved in the computer's registry, and if you just copied the Program Files over to another machine it won't work right.

Cut and paste the Creature Mind files, any modded map or skins, and whatever savegame data you can find into another location and reinstall the game from scratch. Afterwards you can put your stuff back into the appropriate BW1 folders and see if it works.

Are you running Windows 7?  BW1 doesn't seem to get along very well with that OS...

It did not work I still can't make new saves in the temple.
Any other ideas?

You're running vista, that is your problem.

Did you install the game in admin mode? Are you playing the game in admin mode? Is the UAC setting on of off?

All those 'security' settings disable Black & White from saving it's game. :)

Good luck now.

When I turned off the UAC I was able to make saves!!
Thanks Sylcai

Back