Grrr, Japenese

Rayze

So the first japenese land is nice, i like it, and despite feeling a little boxed in by my mountains and walls i have captured the town just in front of me. Since on the final Norse land i overtook by impressiveness (on account of my Hurricane making their town a little drab  :;): )
so this time  i want WAR to be the reason of victory!
However. two things stand in my way. the siren wonder and lack of troops. i have tried building lots of fertility statues, keeping food levels reasonable and housing easy to find but i dont have enough the make even a siege engine team, and all i have are about 60 archers total on my walls and 80 or so swordsmen, no match for the japenese. especcially with the wonder, which brings me to problem no. 2.
Common sense told me i should basically bash it about a bit with with my creature. So in she runs, making mincemeat of the platoons on the plains on account of the new super-storm miracles i have bestowed her with (water, lightning, heal and advanced soldier).
But after knocking down the gates of the city, she ran into a problem. a BIG problem with lots of arrows. It seems every japenese unit inside that city is an archer unit, and there are so many! She stomps and so on but is brought down in seconds every time.
I was hoping she might throw rocks from out of range or blast them with lightning, but her method seems to be to use lightning while among the troops, which also sometimes hurts her.
Can anyone tell me how i should get around either of these problems?

Here´s a little tip: If you cast the fireball on a little forest and then pick the trees, you can burn down everything that is outside your influence by moving your hand over the object you want such as epic or soldiers or anything else.
This really helped me on the sixth and seventh land. :)

well since im a 'storm god' i dont have the fireball. i do however have lightning, so that should work as well right? thanks.

Make lots of houses. People won't breed unless there's room to live.

If you had the volcano wonder it is possible to damage the siren wonder with a well placed vocano.

What I do for that land is to take the Japanese village with the iron mine, place a smelter, more houses and then a siege armoury and have that village provide the siege weapons.

the thing was i didnt want to epic the capital because then they would proabably migrate. but the problem is solved anyway. i used to tree trick on a couple of archer platoons, and then my creature was actually able to get into the city and kick it a few times before they brought her down.  :D

It only makes a mess of the back part of the city and a couple of dumb platonns who refuse to move.  :D

Here's something which might help on the next level. If you leash your creature just so he just can't get to the enemy wall and command him to attack the archers, he'll throw fireballs at them since he can't reach them.

A suggestion I would give, is don't base your miracles that have to do with the type of god you are. That can really detour your battles, and you won't be able to take out more people with lightning than with the fireball. But hey, playing with only three miracles available does pose a fun challenge!

just cause your a storm god doesnt mean that ur creature cant have fireball for safety
:)

yeh but im big on rp, and lightning looks good anyway :D

Back