Graphics stuck on low settings.

Leviathan

Hi all. I mentioned this in the windows 10 thread but I'm still stumped so I thought I'd ask here too.

I'm revisiting Black and White 2 after what seems like forever (still had the discs). Getting it to work on windows 10 hasn't been a problem as the fantastic fan patch fixes most problems BUT...

I can't get it to run on max graphical settings. I've tried messing with the graphics.config file but I still have the lowest textures and none of the lighting effects that max settings should have.

I'm on Windows 10 (64 bit) and my gpu is an Nvidia Geforce GT 640M.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'd appreciate the help.

bw2_patch_options_menu.png

Is this menu all set to low for you?

My fan patch should fix this perfectly.

Handsome Matt said:
bw2_patch_options_menu.png

Is this menu all set to low for you?

My fan patch should fix this perfectly.

Thank you for replying! Your patch is great and works for me in every other way other than the graphics thing, I'm pretty sure my problem is a freak anomaly. They're all set to high, just like the pic you posted. But still the textures and lighting look like this:
347cpz5.png

Ah yeah I can see the textures at the back are low quality. I'll look into the engine and see if there's anything obvious, I can't promise anything though.

I'm guessing that the problem may stem from my laptop having both an integrated HD Intel 4000 as well an Nvidea Geforce GT 640M. Oh well, it's no biggy, this game still looks beautiful despite its age. If anyone with a similar problem finds a solution. Let me know!

Handsome Matt said:
Ah yeah I can see the textures at the back are low quality. I'll look into the engine and see if there's anything obvious, I can't promise anything though.

Hey did get any progress on this? I'm experiencing a similar issue.
My settings are stuck on low (I installed the 1.4 fan patch)
I have Windows 10 pro
Ryzen 5 3600x
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Can I do something to help you debug my situation?
Log files? System reports?

Back