Graphics Problem.

Darkside

Holy crap, cannot believe I still remember my old account on here.

Hello anyway, I've got a small problem currently on Black & White 2, when in game the land seems to disappear in squares and I cannot seem to find a fix to it at all. Here is a screenshot of the problem:

Snpc8Jf.jpg

What fixes have you tried?

Heres a few suggestions

Change the resolution you play in although B&W2 will support high resolutions the game does not have the detail required to make it worthwhile. Try halving you current resolution the game will look nearly the same but have a quarter of the stress on the game engine.  If that works then you can change up until the problem re-appears then go back one step.

Start a new profile and skip through the tutorials  and see if you still have the problem.

Then if that don't work Uninstall ,registry clean and Reinstall the game.

Next would be change Graphic card driver Update or Rollback to see if that helped.

Finally (for desktop PC owners) I would change graphic cards. For many this is not as drastic as it sounds, most motherboards these days come with an inbuilt Graphics chipset for normal non gaming use that never gets used. Try it  as you only need to enable it  and move your video connection from your gaming cards connection to the default motherboard connection and install the drivers.
Old games like older chipsets and drivers. Can work wonders with lots of old no longer supported games.

I have the exact same problem. Along with the transparent land, however, the pause menu flashes and flickers, as do any in-game text. I've tried reinstalling the game numerous times, and my graphics card is up to date...

EDIT: I just installed BOTG and it runs just fine without any of the problems that regular B&W2 has... this is odd... :(

Unfortunately newer graphic card drivers can be worse than old drivers for old games.

The graphic cards supported directly by the game had to exist when the game went Gold or covered with patches (2006).  If your PC hardware is newer than this then it wasn't invented yet, so could not be supported. Nvidia and Amd try to support older games but logically most driver effort is put into latest hardware for the latest games.

My current PC struggled a bit with B&W2 but played Skyrim fine, which is weird as Skyrim needs 10x+ resources to run at all. Out of interest I swapped from my reasonable PCIe Gcard to the humble built in chipset and driver... Hey  Presto.... B&W2 works fine  absolutely no strain.  Skyrim  Fails to start.

More often than not it is down  to you to decide what you  will do as there are just not enough people here . The normal response is to ask for your system specs but too few would  have similar and reply.

I have the same problem, I have a ATI R9 200 and I can only play it with out any gfx problems if I run it in windows 98 / ME but I get the  'Core Application has stopped working' bug If i run it normal I get the same gfx problems but no  'Core Application has stopped working' issues  :shocked

Ok guys . I know its gonna sound weird but i have the solutions, I sped 2 wholes day trying to fix that bugs, and today i went on my Pc open the game and decided to play even with this graphic bug . You know what make my Game works ? I just Zoom and dezoom for like 30 sec in the game and then like after 30 seconds NO MORE BUGS ... i was speechless, i did past 2 days trying to find the problem and you just need to take a little time and move around in the world . ( I was in fourth world when i try this ... ) But now i have another Bug , I pick the Lion , And everytime im trying to do the quest about what can do the Creature , like farmer, builder , etc. After if i try to save the game Crash . If you have a solution for this i would Appreciate this since im pretty sure i solve your problem ahah :)

So I have this problem as well and also am using an ATI R9 200 series graphics card, along with a 6 core i7 processor.  After some extensive troubleshooting, I discovered that the program seems to have troubles running on more than 2 cores.  So here is the solution:

Make sure to turn off all compatibility settings for white.exe that you may have previously done.

Then create a new shortcut and enter this as the location (change white.exe location if you've installed to a different directory):

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "White" /affinity 3 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\white.exe"

After you've created the shortcut, right click on it and choose Properties.  Make sure that the "Start in" field says the following (or whatever location you installed BW2):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2"

You can also change the icon to the white.exe location as well.  This fix forces white.exe to run with 2 cores and will fix the texture issues you have popping in and out as well as most other anomalies.  Let me know how this works for you!

Back