Graphics options wont save/apply

chromefox85

so i bought this game again after missing it dearly for some years however the graphics options are not applying i have patched it to 1.2 and tried BaW patch 2,
im running windows 10, 32 gb ram, r9 290x ( i do have crossfire disabled ) i have tinkered for a few hours with no luck
can somebody help please? thanks

If you install the fan patch I made here http://www.bwfiles.com/forum/index.php?topic=7916.0 it comes with it's own setup utility that should save settings properly on modern systems.

3kyplfS.png

I have also recently reinstalled the game with patches 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4(fan patch) and I can see in the registry that my settings were saved, but when I launch the game it's still in a low resolution and not windowed.

Vauldamir said:
I have also recently reinstalled the game with patches 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4(fan patch) and I can see in the registry that my settings were saved, but when I launch the game it's still in a low resolution and not windowed.

Can you tell me a bit more? What OS are you on? 32/64 bit? Install path? Running as admin?

Windows 10 64bit, "D:\Game Installs\Black and White", 16gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1070. I've tried to run the setup and the game as Admin it doesn't change anything. Also I noticed that even though I've installed all the patches, when the game loads in the bottom right it still says v1.00. Not sure if that's normal or not, but thought I'd bring it up.

Sorry, just registered to say I had the same issue, but I've resolved in (albeit with one condition).
My monitor's native resolution is 2560x1440.
After successfully installing, patching and configuring, the game wouldn't run. This was having chosen 2560x1440 as the resolution.
I altered the shortcut to B&W to run in compatibility mode for WinXP, SP3. The game ran, but was blocky.

The solution was to turn off compatibility mode and drop res to 1920x1080. So it doesn't support resolutions higher than 1080P.

Back