graphics.config trouble

alexshrub

Hello, me again. I've been having trouble trying to maximize my graphics, but graphics.config is a dick.

Without any fiddling, my situation is that everything is maxed; but creature, hand, and building textures look like crap.
However, after fiddling my graphics.config, building and creature textures are maxed, but all other graphics options are turned down to minimum.

My card is an inbuilt Intel "HD Graphics 4400" card in a brand new ultrabook.

Graphics.config responds to the name in quotes, but the 3 0 3 values don't respond correctly.

If anyone knows what to do, thanks in advance.

I have a feeling like its responding to "HD Graphics" and is reading the 4400 as a value, but I'll have to test that. And  away from it right now.

From a distant memory.
You will have to edit your grapics.config file  you can use Notepad to load and save the file.

The graphic card  4400 is not existing then  edit  one of the existing card  numbers to match and then  3 0 3  the rest of that line.

For example change the  X1900 to 4400 or HD4400  and leave the rest alone(3 0 3).

Save and exit. Problem solved. If you feel a little unsure about this then first make a copy of the file  to a safe place first , then you can get back the original if you want.

Back