Graphic Squares

W

Wuze

Hi Guys!

I have to say: Awesome website. That's my only place where I get downloads fuer my B&W2 game. Good job! I don't want to register in the forum because I don't feel very comfortable. Too many passwords to remember...

Well, I have got a question and i hope you can :help me. Somehow, the whole Landscape is bilt up in squares! That means, the Skin of the Landscape. Everything is in place, but after playing for a while, my enemy god (who is evil) takes over some towns and the landscape gets burned like afer lava.
Well, that's not the problem, but the problem is that ist is done in squares and not smoothley! I have got a NVidia Geforce 6100 and 512(mb) or so RAM. 260MB are free. I'M running the game with "LOWMEM" in the Command line (what works completely fine exept for this anoying mistakes).

What can I do. I don't want to reinstall! I also tried to update the Graphic card. Everything is fine.

Thanks a lot for replys. Wuze

PS.: When I have taken over the land, the land barely changes and sometimes the squares flicker from normal to burned (depends on the angle).

It sounds like yu're running in minimum detail. Upgrade graphics drivers maybe? ???

But if you've already upgraded your graphics drivers then the next thing to do would be to go into the Data folder in the game directory look for a file called graphics.config and open it with Notepad. Somewhere down that list is your graphics card. the settings next to it are 2 1 1. Which means that you're running at medium spec and resolution and low detail. If you change the last number to a 2 or 3, then you should get better detail, though still blocky looking.And as a trade off there will be some lag.

???

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I know about the graphics.config file and I changed the numbers to 2 1 2. I can't go any higher because it makes the game even slower as it is now. But, I haven't mentioned that I have put all options in the option menu, if you start the game, to the lowest possible configuration. Graphic drivers are updated and checked.

The Rose is a part of the plant. Wuze

well i think it is just a common glitch but what i say is just try ur best 2 live with it and if it is that bad then you can restart it. and i could probably help if you posted a screenshot of this.

My Documents\Black & White 2\Profiles\~Profile\Current\Saved Games\Pictures.  Phew.. :shocked

I have 2 stupid questions: How do I take a screenshot, and how do I insert an image into a post.

Im also having the same problem (running the Geforce FX6200), and I'd like to post a screenshot.

Also, wen I play as a good god (100% good) my hand, and the ground in my land does not change according to my alignment. Can I fix this by editing the graphics.config file?

screenshot in game:
ctrl + s i think (not sure)
insert image in post:
Use [img*] and [/img*] (Without the *) tags with the url to the image in them or attatch an image to the post.

To take a screen shot without any extra software.
1. Press the Print screen/SysRq key.
2 . Alt-tab out.
3. From the desktop go to Start-programs -accesories -paint.
4. In paint set your image size to something low 50x50 pixels is good for me, but any size up to your B&W2 resolution is ok.
5. Open a new picture and select paste from the edit menu.
6. Save your screenshot.
7. close paint and click back into the game...............

There are alternatives if you have over the minimum ram but this is safe for all with no new software to buy or DL..

BTW the screenshots need some further work if you want to post them ( as above) they will be in .bmp format this is the best for things you want to edit ............but the worst for uploading for others to see, you need to compress them to the usual is .jpg
Some of the smaller Painting programs may allow direct saveing to .jpg  and work great as an alternative to paint and free. Snapfiles I found handy for a freebee. The comercial programs are better  featured but 99% of the time I don't need  the extras.

Back