Good video card for BW2? (I guess this goes here)

Jaden

Elder
I'm looking for a video card to get for my one computer to play BW2 with. So far I have only found Radeon 8500 128MB (note that I'm not exactly... rich).  Mainly I need one with a pixel shader that's 64+MB.  And I need it to be DDR, but I don't even know if there are graphics card models that don't have DDR support or not :0

So... yeah.  If you have one like that that runs BW2 well can you tell me what it is? ^_^;

Don't get an 8500. It's only a DX-8 card.  If you can find one, get a Radeon 9800 Pro. At least it will show fur

Exactly how rich are you? There are a number of low end video cards which could be had for a decent price, but they probably won't show fur either.

Well... I'm not <i>that</i> poor, but since I'm still in school and without a job it's hard to get anything =P  But since I don't care about graphics as much as getting a functional game, what are those low-end ones?

I use an ATI 9600SE and it is OK for B&W2 not good but OK. The only problem is the later levels of the BOTG bonus land where in levels 12 and above  you may need to go down to 800x 600 due to the sheer  numbers ofattacking troops to re rendered.

Back