Glitch or ridiculously unfair gameplay element?

Breadmobile

Hey, I recently picked up B&W2 and the expansion for cheap and have been playing it. I breezed through B&W2 and the first 2 lands of BoTG fairly quickly, but i've been on a 3+ hour stalemate with the Aztec god on land 3. I have taken over the towns to the east and west leaving only his main city and no matter what I do I cannot conquer this city. He has a siege weapon near the capture point and every time I destroy it a new one spawns immediately. I have used my creature to demolish them but they keep spawning more and more as soon as one is destroyed without end. I can't capture the city as long as those siege weapons are around because they can rip through armies in a few shots. I have tried distracting them, but to no avail. Is this a glitch or is this supposed to be happening?

Also, I managed to pick off most of his army and people using my creature and armies but as soon as I pass through the gates of the main city the Aztec God manages to somehow spawn a massive amount of soldiers (he literally built up an army of 800 soldiers in about 20 seconds even though he had only 90 people and 40 soldiers left).

The way the battle is going now he can't beat me. My cities are well defended and he can't take any of them, but I can't beat him either. No matter how many soldiers I have I can't capture his city with those respawning siege weapons on me. I haven't tried beating the land the good way by building an impressive city because I've been playing through the game as an evil God and I kinda want to finish the game the way i've been playing it.

Can anyone give me any help with this?

It is almost impossible militarily, so what i did was i volcanoed his cities until they had essentially no impressiveness, then all his people migrated. It happened by accident actually, so that was quite funny.

I just built like mad the final land was won in a couple of hours.
There is a glitch  in BOTG that I noticed you can't  cast epics  in  some spots  in  the  last 2 lands. The military way is by far the hardest choice.

Thanks. I took one final stab at it with my army. I built ten blacksmiths and a massive army and then launched a Volcano and once the larva cooled I sent in 3 platoons of 100 soldiers to keep the siege weapons occupied, a platoon of 100 to capture and a platoon of 200 archers to defend the captors with my creature fighting the undead Gorilla. I finally won, but barely. Next time I'm just doing it the good way.

Breadmobile said:
....then launched a Volcano and once the larva cooled I sent in 3 platoons of 100 soldiers.....

that some freakish volcano. :)

whenever i play botg, i find it easiest to fend off the enemy with miracles while building a volcano epic. in essense it is cheating, but then the computer is so badly scripted that it is told to spawn a new platoon every time a platoon is destroyed, so thats exactly what it does and can do no less.

if you really wanted to win (again) the evil way, it would be best to make lots of little platoons and send them in all in one go. since platoons can only target one other platon at a time, they get tangled up and dont kill as many. :D

Back