Game terminates without my permission.

Gary

Hi all.

:angry Please, can someone help me!

In the middle of playing the game, (B&W 1), the screen just goes blank for a second or two, then goes to the blue "Sold out software menu" page. This has happened several times.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Please, someone help me. :angel This is driving me mad. Its bad enough in land 3 with that bloody creature destroying everything, and its three times the size of mine, and keeps picking fights.

ATB Gary.

Hi Gary, there's a number of things which could be causing that.

First off do you have the V1.20 patch? And of course, are your video drivers up to date or too updated. Sometimes older drivers work better with B&W.

One thing it does sound like though is a overheating problem in your PC.

Open up the case and see how clean it is inside. If it's dusty, then get a can of air and try to blow it clean. Or you can simply run with the covers off to see if that's the problem.

If that doesn't help, could you please post your system specs.

Thanks. :)

Thanks Kays for replying so quick.

First: Yes, I do have the V1.20 patch.

Second: Under "Display Adapter" in the "Device Manager" It says:- INTER(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (microsoft corporation).
In "System Information", It says:- Adapter RAM 32 Mb.

SYSTEM:-
Windows XP pro, Version 2002, Service pack 2.

PROCESSOR:-
Intel Pentium III, 797 MHz, 384 Mb RAM.

Unable to look inside until Tue 17th.

Everything was fine until after crimbo.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

ATB Gary.

If it was able to work fine before Christmas, then I don't think it has anything to do with the graphics adaptor. Although a dust build-up is still suspect.

What games or other software did you install around Christmas time or since. Your problem could be due to a conflict with an other app.

Another thing to try is to try to shut down all processes running in the background.

Back