Game crashes when saving the game.

Andrej_7734

So I just got reminded of this great game and decided to try and get it working once again. Nostalgia. And I found this website, downloaded all the patches that were required and I was really impressed how good the game ran. After a while I decided to save the game and it worked fine first
3-5 times, then it just crashed. The program has stopped working. I `m on windows 7. So I start the game back up again and the save is there! Perfect. I play it for some time, save couple of times and that 4/5th save always crashes.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?
              Thanks in advance.  :laugh:

EDIT: So it seems to also be crashing when I want to leave the 4th land.

I've got a similar issue. I've recently downloaded the game to replay through it. I have been doing great up until leaving the first Japanese world at which point the game lets me see the stats, then even has the loading screen for the next land. Once the loading bar is done, the game shuts off, no error messages left behind.

Here is a video I recorded of the issue I am experiencing. I also have a post on the Black and White 2 subreddit. I'll let you know if we find a solution.

https://youtu.be/NkndQyjDojQ

:sorry I can't be much help otherwise

My issue has been resolved by replaying through the land I was trying to leave. I made sure to save AFTER I traveled to the new land. I think the save file got corrupted when I saved and exited before moving on to the next land.

So something new happened. I managed to get through the second norse land and through all the crashes and I finally completed first japanese land. I took my time. Got to the second japanese land and now whenever their leader calls in the Hurricane Epic the game cannot be saved afterwards. It just keeps crashing when saving after the epic so I basically can`t get through that land.

livelovetaco said:
I've got a similar issue. I've recently downloaded the game to replay through it. I have been doing great up until leaving the first Japanese world at which point the game lets me see the stats, then even has the loading screen for the next land. Once the loading bar is done, the game shuts off, no error messages left behind.

Here is a video I recorded of the issue I am experiencing. I also have a post on the Black and White 2 subreddit. I'll let you know if we find a solution.

https://youtu.be/NkndQyjDojQ

:sorry I can't be much help otherwise

Thanks for your time and your effort. I did not have a problem with the fifth land even though the japanese used the Siren wonder.
The game now crashes when I try to save on the 6th land after the hurrican epic is used by the japanese leader.

Back