game crashes after splash screen

LUKEB17

My computer specs are: 
Motherboard: Asus A7N8X
AMD Barton 2500+
512 MB RAM
Graphics:  PNY Verto FX5200 with 128MB RAM

The installation seems to go fine, but after the splash screen loads it just disappears and the game goes away. 

I am using the on board sound chip, which the diag program for BW2 says something like "compatibility undetermined", so I put a borrowed Creative Audigy SB1394 in it but it made no difference. 

We downloaded and installed the latest video drivers for the FX5200 but no help there either.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I found this at the BWGame boards.
Splash screen loads, splash screen disappears, white.exe terminates, nothing happens. The game doesn't load after splash screen under Windows 2000 - ServicePack 4

You need to update your Windows, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Automatic updates. This has not been confirmed to work for Windows ME, XP

http://allboards.lionhead.com/showthread.php?t=98533

Let us know if this works. :)

:fixed  Updating fixed the problem.  Not sure which update it was though i ran about 10 of em'.  thanks 4 the avice. :devil

K, me really mad, i just got the game like a half an hour ago and I have the same problem.

My specs are:
Ati Radeon 9600
3000 ghz processor
Windows 2000
1 gig of mem

I tried to do the fix that kays presented and I did the update thingy and it still doesn't start.  Can somebody please help me!

Do you have service pack 4 installed and the latest drivers for both your video and sound card?

Nevermind, what I found out is that you shouldn't just install the reccomended updates but just update everything.

Back