Full Eden Overhaul 1.1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks really interresting.  I'm going to try it out during my vacations in about two weeks.  I'll give feedback here then.  I can't find time for it before then, the end of this semester is unusually intense at university.  However, I'm really interested in your work!

I've started it, starting the game normally (no tutorial skip).  Everything is fine for now except that the save time is much longer than usual.  Probably a result of more stuff in the map though, and it does not damage gameplay.

Update 2:  I'm on land 2 now.  You get used to the longer save time after a while.  I've noticed that artefacts are now insanely impressive, probably because it's a non-miracle action and, as you indicated, non-miracle actions now impress more.  I tossed one artefact in the first indian village of land 2 (the one where you have to give food in the storehouse) and it impressed them by 750 belief.  I don't know if it was intended, but it's pretty fun to see the numbers go wild like that.  I've also noticed that artefacts now take a lot quicker to charge at maximum, which makes artefacts the most efficient and quickest way to convert a village.

Update 3: I have finished B&W and have moved to CI.  As far as B&W is concerned, the overhaul is great.  The only hiccup is with the increased save time and the more frequent crashes on land 5 due to more stuff being packed in the maps.  In order to avoid the more frequent crashes on land 5, you have to complete no silver scrolls, because the creatures they unlock tend to overload the map way more than the overhaul's additions.

Now for CI.  I haven't completed it yet, but I have found that the added greek village is rather inconvenient.  Not only are there no buildings and not a lot of villagers, but you don't need the miracles included except for the invisibility miracle for the bear challenge.  Also, since you don't need this village for another purpose, the incentive for building it and maintaining belief in it is gone right after the bear challenge.  That's without counting the fact that it's straight in Naxo's challenge space (rhino).  Therefore, as soon as Naxo appears and until you finish his challenge, the village center is being destroyed by Naxo's rocks.  This is insanely incovenient if the bear challenge isn't done by then. 

Now, I have not played the skirmish or playground versions of CI yet, so I don't know what's in store for this village in those modes, but it is mostly incovenient in the story mode with the challenges.  It would be more fun if the invisibility miracle was available in one of the three original villages of this map so as to get around this incovenience.  That way, those who will want to build this village after completing Naxo's challenge will still be able to do so and those who won't care will be able to focus on the challenges without having to worry about a village they would need for just one of the challenges.

Otherwise, still loving the overhaul :)

Hello,

so I'm dusting off my disc just to play this overhaul and I must say, it really is awesome. This is really the one effort to rule them all. Thanks so much for this. I'm a landscaping and "decoration" buff, too, so I really appreciate all these changes. Also the creature management stuff, the drinking spots etc. This is just amazing. Way to go!

Not only that, but you seem to have acquired some very deep knowledge on the game.

I think you, Kratzean (another user of this forum) and Lant (Admin of bawsite.com) could make some magic happen to finally crack open this game and reveal all its secrets. Might I for starters direct you to the official script files that define basically everything in the game? They can be found here: http://bawsite.com/infodatsecrets.html

In one of them I found weather or at least "rain" effects, going from "moonsoon" with 100 Wetness and -3 Snowfall to "Blizzard" wit 0 Wetness and 100 Snowfall. And that's just one of the many things in these files.
I myself am desperately looking for the modifiers that "Wonders" do. Haven't found them yet.

Hey there!

This is super awesome. First of all, I didn't expect people to still be busy tinkering away at this game. Just wow!

I have a couple of problems with some of your changes though, specifically:
  • wolves are sheep now
  • most worship sites start off already built now.

which I thought were fine and added something to the game that's now gone. Could you tell me how you effected these so I can revert them back to normal?

Additionally, I'm very curious about the line
and lots of other things you probably wont notice even though they make the game better.

---> what are these lots of other things I probably won't notice even though I'd love to know what they are? I'm a guy who spends an hour or so reading patch notes whenever a game is updated, and gets excited over every change I agree with, so humour me please...

Just about to reinstall B&W for the pure reason of trying this out, can't wait! Will give some feedback once I have had a play.

As for carrying on? Absolutely!

Could we get a more detailed walkthrough for installing these world files? I just got my game back up after years and just need to know what goes where, in a greater step by step format. Please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back