Extreme Frustration with modding tools

shAde404

:help needed!!!

I cant get the modding tools to work. Ive done all the things I think im supposed to do, and still no luck.

Whenever I try running the Landscape Editor I get the error "Unable to Intitialize 3D System"

This is wat ive done:
Ive checked the paths of the unstuffer.bat file, and they are all correct (C:\Program Files\ etc etc).
I ran the .bat file and it did its thing (unstuffed a whole bunch of files).
I also have the latest update installed (v1.2).

Im thinking it could be something to do with the fact that my sound drivers arent woking (if i try play any audio files it comes up with a windows error). Do the modding tools even need a working sound card?

Im just about ready to  :cmad  :banghead  :cry

So if anyone can help id be most grateful.

first off lemme ask you this...can your computer even play the game?
by that i mean if it can then your graphic card is decent enough to use the landscape editor.
sound has extremly very little to do with the modding tools, its most likely the fact your graphic card isnt good enough (like mine) if it isnt that is. I get the same thing but its because my graphic card doesnt support pixel shading and because this games so graphic powerful even the modding tools require a pixel shading supporting graphic card to even generate a non animated landscape in the editor which is extremely annoying!

My best bet is you need to get a newer graphic card but it all depends on if you can even run the game meaning you can support pixel shading. hope that  :help ed  :angel

I don't think it's a sound driver issue. But the editor does take a lot of resources to run.

I've seen the "Unable to initialize 3d system " error posted at the BWGame boards and the solution seems to be to just launch it a second time and it usually works.

Good luck with it. :)

Yes, the game does work on my PC, but with low gfx settings so that may be the problem. Im running it with a Geforce fx6200, 1024RAM, P4 3.2 Ghz.

Oh well, ill just have to wait untill I get a new gfx card or something.

Thanks anyway

hmm if thats all good then you could always try hitting it? :laugh:
i dont think its a graphic card issue anymore... now im not even sure what it is :(

No, that doesnt work iether, no matter how hard you hit it :p

Im gonna try it on another (faster) PC, to see if im doing something wrong or if its my PC doing something wrong.

Back