Experimental Good Lion Fereydoon Skin

zolo1243

fereydoongoodlionskinexperimental.png

Please give feedback - The good, the bad?

Designed to make the good Lion look somewhat like this: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/bo123544/44-2.jpg

That's a good start.  Yours came out better than my first few skin attempts  :laugh: .  Then again, the horse is really hard to work with.  In fact, I'm nearly finshed with a spotted horse.  I'll post maybe next month...  Maybe you could keep the hands, feet, and head of your lion the original colours so it looks like he's wearing a suit.  See Dr. Sazar's "Monkey Suit" in the Ape download section for a reference. 

What I do when making a skin is use the L3D Viewer to see my changes, and if I don't like them I go back to the .TGA file and tinker a little.  I'll save the small changes I just did, and view the L3D again.  I go back and forth until I am pleased with my work.  As you may guess, CTRL+Z and CTRL+ALT+Z are my best friends. 

Getting the lines to work across separate pieces of the skin is difficult.  Remember when it boils down to making small changes, save, L3DViewer, then go back and accordingly alter the TGA.  Rinse, lather, and repeat.  Save and split your work into sessions if you start to feel overwhelmed.  Good luck and happy Photoshopping!

I do the same as GallopRider. Time consuming, it is, but worth it if you want something to come out just right.

Thank you. :) However, I want the whole thing to be covered so that it looks as close to the real thing's outfit as possible.

Actually, this wasn't my first skin attempt. My first skins were much smaller scale: The hand skins in my avatar (They are up for download under the hand skins category). I held off on Creature skins at first before I got the hang of how l3d files work. I've already messed with this one quite a lot. Its first incarnation was painful :laugh:

All my edits so far didn't include real edits, I just change the colour balance, or tweak parts that do not have to align with other textures.

I tried once for the Leopard, and I drew lines first, (colour coded) to see what side what what, and where exactly it 'joins'.

Once you know that, it's a whole lot easier to make your edit good, and it will require less checking too ^^

Never did finish that leopard...

Back