Evil Strategy for BOTG

Mary26

Elder
I've restarted more times than ever. :D  Anyone with some tips on how to play evil in BOTG?

What i do is create 10 blacksmiths for full trained units and send them all with your creature.

As above but use the troops to defend only at first.
Build a siren wonder/s next to your altar* and suround it with punishment spikes. Build a large town as you would normally do as good this should provide plenty of volantry  worshipers.
Cast the Sirens  as they become charged about one every 5 mins.
Send in a platoon of 5-10 troops to take over the empty villages....
Reserve your strenth the enemy will wear down quicker than you think. Every siren cast means upto and maybe beyond 500 extra villagers on your side and all eligable for army service. :cool:

I did the blacksmith thing and the Japanese land fell to me rather quickly.  I'm now on the Norse land. :)

Ok, now I am on the last land and there appears to be some problem getting into the second to last town.  My creature says "I can't go there" when I try to send him in.  My armies won't go in either.  The Good Advisor said something about there being a back way around, but I don't see it.  I also can't send catapults into the last town, and no matter how many skeleton armies I kill, the Aztec god seems to just make more.

EDIT: I found the back way--to the last town, and ran my army across it and into the second to last town and took it over.  After that, I took the last town.  Unfortunately, I forgot to get the statue from the previous land so I can't unlock the bonus land--not yet. :)

an evil tactic i always find good is to always have a warrior platoon of about 100, or 50 is fine but any lower and your in trouble.

link an archer platoon to the warrior on and you will have a very strong fighting machine.

i like to have all my warrior platoons in one place merged with another to make platoon of about 200 wariors with 50 archers backing them up but you can attack from 2 sides if you have an extra force waiting to capture the centre whilst your main force is killing everyone.

having 5 or more blacksmiths will allow archers to use flaming arrows and will help in the battle.

and finally your creature is also a weapon of immense power so have him bestowed with ether lightning or fire to kill enemy warriors and with heal to heal himself and to kill the undead, and if you have any extra tribute, upgrading him with both warrior upgrades seriously helps him destry platoons.

and thats my tactic for armies, and it works. my creature alone can destroy 7 norse platoons at once. (They have about 30 men in them)

The siren spell is so much more efficent for disableing the enemy and boosting your population at the same time.
Every time you get into a battle you loose troops and the game is slowed down. To keep up the momentum ...
Siren miricles are used to convert the enemy troops.
Your creature smashes empty walls to let your converts thruogh and and your platoons in to cnvert deserted villages.
You as God build like mad to keep up with the growing population.
Ofcourse you will be doing other things aswell but with these as core activitys...You can complete in a session or about 6-8 h quite easily if you don't waste time on the silly scrolls. If you don't need the tribute why earn it.

Well, now I am having a problem casting epic miracles.  I remember there was a thread on this already, but I can't find it.  Basically the screen fades to black, there's lots of noise, but when the game comes back, the miracle has failed to work.

i have heard of this problem and i am afraid there is no way of solving it, its because oif the sheer size of the armies and the towns, your best bet would be to save it before unleashing the epic, because shances are it has been fired somewhere else, so if you save it then you can fire it again and hopefully get it on target, but there is no solution to it.

M26 never expierenced it.
Using the siren made  BOTG a walk in the park after several restarts.
The bonus  land is hard !!! until you learn  the rules ;)

Back