Editing Campaign missions

Egi

Hello Guys,

i enjoy changing skirmish maps balance, with editing village tribes or increasing the difficulty by giving me less useful wonders than the enemy.

Now to my question: Is there a way to change tribes/spells in the main story line? i'd like to increase difficulty by that. For example: Removing Food/Wood wonders for my starting Japanese village in Mission 2.

thanks.

Yes you can! :)
under ...\Black&White\Scripts\ you can find the Scripts for the different Lands (Land1.txt, Land2.txt, etc..). there you can remove (or add) spells by deleting (or adding) the lines: CREATE_NEW_TOWN_SPELL(0, "FIRE")
the number in the brackets (in the example i used, it's '0') is the town number, be sure to change that depending on what town you wanna add the spell to, if you wanna add things..
and the "FIRE" is obviously the spell, in this care a fireball

if you want more infos about spells here is a link to a video where i talk about the basics of Script editing:

there are more videos (and other stuff) on this Discord, if you're interested: https://discord.gg/bU6x7Sx

(fyi: on Land1 spells don't work, even if you add them to the town centers in the normal storymode)

hope this helps! :)

Back