Edit radius of your influence!

Domii

Hello everybody!

First of all, sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language :)

I installed the modding tools and edited land 8. I enlarged the area where you start with your first town. Now I am wondering how I can set the radius of the influence. :)

Can anybody help me?

Another question: How can I import selected parts of a maps terrain into another terrain?
Whenever I select a part via "Copy/Paste Landscape" and export it, it won't show up when I import it in another map...

I would be very happy if someone replied! :)

Regards!

Hi Domii,

There is only one way to affect the influence in the landscape editor, that is through the placement of buildings that belong to the town. If you place a few building in those expanded areas for the player's town than the influence will expand around them.

There is another way to affect the influence around buildings, is by editing the balance files. I don't know how to do this but I know it can be done, there are a few downloads on this site where people have edited those values.
Here is one: http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=571
It will increase the influence of all Greek buildings by 50%.

For your other question: I've played around the "Copy/Paste Landscape" stuff but I wasn't able to get it to work. I figured that this function simply doesn't work (I maybe wrong). Perhaps there is a trick in using this function that I wasn't able to find.

Hope this helps.

Back