Eating-Habits or not (BnW1)

Muffin

Hello and Hi everyone =)
After a long time I dug out BnW again and again found this marvelous site =)
Keep up the good work fellas.

But now on to my Problem:
I started my game and've chosen the Ape, willing to change to the sheep later on (after the miracles, or at least the most of them).
I quickly finished the Creature-related "quests" up to the guide (use leash, leash to etc), fed it a few white mushrooms till it was allowed to leave it's pen and started with sleeping and eating-training:
It fished & ate when hungry, don't eat or throw villagers, drink regularly and sometimes picked animals as diet. Eating when roughly 30% hungry or more. I rewarded it up to 50% when eating, 30% drinking. All of the above worked well without leash ('cept guided to the fishers to observe them).
It sleeped as well when at night or more than ca. 70% tired. (up to 20% rewards)

I left it in this state for maybe 20-30minutes and it's habbits worked as I wished.

Then I went on to advanced training, creature-guide-quests and Kays' trainingmap, it learned how, when & where ('cept feeding worshippers) to use Food, Wood & Water Miracles (10-30% reward, food 1time up to 50%).
And rewarded with 10% additionally, when creature...: "likes to express feelings", "curious", "be kind and generous", "wants to mess around with you", allthough not very often.

Problem by now:
My ape goes wild with watering trees & fields, creating food and manually gathering wood & food or simply wandering around idly over the whole island. And it collapses sometimes cause of exhaustion (allthough it wents to sleep last moment somewhere (not in it's pen)),  and allways (unless i manually handfeed it) cause of hunger.
Not the thing i had in mind.
If I send it to the fishing-grounds via leash and drop it on the way it eather throws the picked up fish over it's shoulder or into the storage, but does not eat without a belly-rub.

If anyone knows a good method to strengthen it's selfsustainment I'd be really glad and greatfull to hear it.

And a question off-topic:
Is there any reason why either one self or the creature should be 100% good or evil, 'cept the appearance? (Both BnW 1 and 2)
Especially in BnW2 i usally "just" have a 70-90% creature & self, a good creature still should be able to defend my Borders, as do I, thus reguarly dropping our 'goodness'
And as evil my creature shall not wreak (too much) havoc in my own towns and even finish important buildings, just as I do with god-building or placing civic buildings.
So is there any point to be truly good or evil?

anyway, thanks and regards and have a nice evening

Muffin

Hi, the first thing I have to ask is do you have the game patched?

Getting a creature on his own can be a bit of a challenge. Especially if you want him to eat at a certain hunger level. But what I think you might be up against is one of the reasons I don't choose the Ape. They seem to have a very short attention span and are easily distracted. My suggestion is that when he gets at a certain hunger level is to take him by leash to the feeding area and get him to feed. Only reward him a bit at the beginning. But try to do it as regularly as possible. Then later when his hunger level get to that point just distract him from what he is doing and see what he does, if it's back to what he's doing then distract him again and lead hm to the feeding area and see what he does. If he feeds then good. If not get him to feed. Just keep it up until he gets the idea. One of the problems I find is that if you reward him, especially later on it will change the level at which he wants to feed.

I think the point of being either purely good or evil is being able to say that you did it. Since at either extreme you do limit your options. Although the evil route can be much more fun. :D

First of all thanks for your answer....

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm playing with version 1.20

I did slapped him a very few times (for 10% punishment), when he ate with 0% hunger, maybe i'll go with the "waste" of a few fish and gonna have a happy but fat creature =) (or fat but happy? ;) )

I tried the distract and lead to feeding-area thing, even forced him to pick up some fish, but he either throwed it away or into the storage :/
my "fear" is if I try to handfeed him, he'll solely rely on it :/

guess I'll restart and spend at least 1 hour on gluttony and sloth :) hope there's something on TV today xD

The unpatched version had problems with memory loss when leaving a skirmish game. So that not the problem.

It's gotta be the Ape then. I swear that they have a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder. Try changing creatures. If you want to use the sheep and it's available go for it. Just do a backup before since there seems to be a glitch and you can't always get your original creature back. Or if you're still on land one try the Gorilla. A bit dumber than the Ape, but quite easy to train.

even forced him to pick up some fish, but he either throwed it away or into the storage

It really has been a while since I've done any creature training but in thinking back. First off, you gotta to lead the creature to the fishing area and attach him to a fisherman so he can learn to fish. Then you click on a patch of fish and he should pick it up. Now rub his belly a bit to get him to eat it. After a while, he should start eat the fish without the need for the belly rub.

Back