Drag enemy storehouse?

vrnikolai

Is there any way to copy the enemy warehouse that I already own by taking over a city? This is also a question for enemy barracks.

Im so frustrated with this game. Its so awesome, yet it has flaws everywhere... A good goddamn patch would fit it perfectly but it cant be :(

Edit: forgot to ask. is there any way to save the creature at the end of the game so it starts again with all you taught it? And size and alignment?

Sorry... more questions...
- Is possible to make the villagers to NOT leave the influence ring? Or stay near of it for a certain distance? I really hate when they go to the other side of the map to get ore.
- Is possible to force the villagers to gather all the wood/ore across the town that remains after a building is built?
- Is possible o show the influence ring after winning the land?

Im trying to find these under gamebalance.

1st Question:  No, don't believe there is. The barracks do replicate (if I remember correctly, for the Japanese anyway) but not always I guess; they also do not field their respective troops but rather greek ones, regardless of town or placement. There is no way to change that, I don't think, either.

2nd Question: It may be under gamebalance, but it'd take a while to find out. It may also be in the AI of the villagers, which is a whole different matter.

3rd Question:  Haha, one of the biggest calamities in this game! It's probably the same as above but more leaning on AI part of the answer rather than the gamebalance. I think that, in all, it has to do more with having as little tasks as possible for them to pick up everything quickly (so don't construct anything for a while, I guess).

Last Question:  I don't know. I would estimate that yes, it's possible, and it most likely requires a particular # to be changed in either the respective land file or with the buildings text file.

Hope you figure out whatever you need, and do post anything you find, it would be great! Good luck.

More than figuring something out, I'm actually having more and more doubts lol

One of the things that annoyed me the most is people getting old so I put their death age the same as the retirement age, 80. If at least disciples worked to their death normally, instead of becoming old... I mean, soldiers are like that, right? Or at least that they stopped being disciples at retirement age so you know what you lack. This game is really bad at building big cities and long plays.

For the recovering resources its seems RANDOM. And I mean that, capital letters. Have one bottomless mine with 0/20 workers right next to the storehouse but people prefers to walk half of the map to another mine. I also thought that miners/lumberjacks should gather resources by proximity priority but this is false too. Sometimes they gather the lying ore/wood, sometimes there is a lot of this material all over the city, yet they prefer to go to the mine at the other side of the map or keep cutting down trees. Also noticed that people who most gather the lying resources are non disciples. Really bad AI.

Wanted to make my creature full size from the start, or at least make it grow in 10 minutes but I havent discovered how without using "cheats". In creature_physio.txt, SecondsPerYear modifies only age, not height. It was 3.000.000 years old yet it was a baby. Then proceeded to modify the GameBalanceCreature.txt MinHeight and MidHeight to 11.55 both. In this case the creature just was max size from the start, but it was just a big baby and also it was very difficult to select one creature at the start. I think that SecondsPerYear controls the factions of the creature, how old it looks, not its size. However trying this I think it requires to restart the game, not sure. At last I got my fully grown lion at start but Im really not sure how XD

Also wanted to make it to have always maximum free will. Havent found anything consistent. I think that "free will" in game files its called "Activity" in creature_emo.txt but after modifying it I havent got results, so Im clueless now. I wanted to check the toys, the ball, to check how much free will it gives, but I havent found any reference to them, just in artifacts.

LOL I actually discovered how to make buildings dragable. After some excel and brainpower I discovered that the column P is the responsible for making able to drag or not (0 or 1) in GameBalanceBuilding.txt.
http://www.bwfiles.com/archives/ModdingWiki/wiki.planetblackandwhite.gamespy.com/PBnWModdingWIKI/index.php/Formats_Other_BalancingConstants_Game.html#GameBalanceBuilding.txt

I tried and made unable to drag my temple, but could drag my field and barracks.

After several hours... I didnt discovered anything. Or better said, I didnt discovered the purpose of the rest of the columns but I discarded something. The columns dont contain information about: happiness, service area, natality, be able to snap to road, be able to rotate.

Well, actually I discovered that the L column is the maximum number of buildings you can have.

The D column has something to do with the influence radius but I dont know how. IF i set all values to 0, all buildings have the same minimal radius. So my guess is that either that minimal radius is hard coded or its another column.

I also should mention that some people recorded already known data within some of the files. It's been long lost but there is an archive here.

Ahm uhr... I made an mod for this... And posted threads below... Because this site dont have any upload server x.x

Back