Don't have a .wal?

Youtube2`

Hello all, I have a new map I made and I have it saved to desktop..

I have BWE, Ter, walk and pat... When I try to play my map it crashes...

wouldve thought it would have to stay in landscapes/bw2 folder, even if you do adjust your map.txt accordingly.
dont think every map needs a .wal although i cant remember what the file relates to. (paths perhaps?)

I have it in the correct places but I am missing one file the .wal  :rolleyes

I can post a picture if you wish  :D

The .wal file is not necessary. The game would not crash from lack of it, unless the map specifies that it should exist.

1) Did you change the name of the files after saving the file from the landscape editor (in other words, changed the filenames outside of the landscape editor)?

2) Is this a modified version of a map that already existed?

If either of these are true, it may be that the names of files are speified incorrectly inside the .bwe file. Open the .bwe file in a text editor and look at the first 5-15 lines of the file. Check for commands like "LOAD_LANDSCAPE" and "LOAD_WALLS". Make sure the file names and paths are correct (paths are relative to the Black and White 2 root folder). If the filenames or paths are not correct, fix them and save the file. If you don't have walls, but there is a "LOAD_WALLS" command, just remove it.

3) Are you running a script on the map?

If so, and if the script is not too long, post the script.

-ego533

:help

I have the paths set correct a Scripts (Kays scripts)

I have Land6590.bwe
Everything is right

I have The skysettings

What is wrong :L

Compile and use this script on the map. See if it works correctly. If the map still crashes with this script, the map files are to blame. If it does not crash, the script is to blame:

Code:
run script BasicScript

begin script BasicScript

start

wait 1 seconds

disable load screen
	set fade in time 4

end script BasicScript

-ego533

So I put this in my map.txt? Sorry very new to this Scripting/Modding  :(

Back