Deathless Villagers

rakarok

I was wondering, is there anyway that you can change the death age of your villagers, as well as when they retire? I thought I something in the file "GameBAlanceVillager". Does anyone have an idea?

I don't think the age villagers die is preset anywhere in the game.
I wouldn't want a town full old people they move slower than the young  and are able to do less work. So to my mind you would be better off culling the older villagers to make more room for the young.
Too many retired people only become a problem  for me if I stay too long on a completed land.

From the BW2ModdingWiki

Code:
//VillagerAge
 AZTEC_AGES  1  18  80  90  0  0  0.5  0.25  0.08  0.5  0.25  0.8  0.5  0.5  0.1  0.75
Villager Ages: (In column order) 

1. Age at birth
2. Age of Maturity
3. Age of Retirement
4. Age of Death
5-8. Age Accelerators
7-12. Happiness Multipliers
13-14. House Capacity Modifiers

Rest unknown.

Perhapses  I should play slower.  :D
90+% of my people live to the end of the level :laugh2
I never thought it really worth while getting into modding B&W2  it just was never that interesting for me.
But these are just the start settings given to a villager right?
All that happens to the individual in his lifetime will change how long he lives?

Unless they die of unnatural causes, I think they age normally and die at the age of 90

Lol, I can just imagine the population you'd get if you set the retirement and max age at about 200 or so. No need for old age homes then either.  :laugh2

So by rights that means it is possible to change retirement and death ages? I think I'm gonna give it a try.

Wind both down to 60 would give a productive population without  any excess hangers on.  :D

rakarok said:
So by rights that means it is possible to change retirement and death ages?

Yep, it should be possible. But there might be limits though.

Gremxula said:
Wind both down to 60 would give a productive population without  any excess hangers on.  :D

I believe they remain productive until they reach retirement age. Main problem still is the dead bodies lying around when they do die. :rolleyes

It works. I made both death and retirement ages 300. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Could  you show some old people doing some work and see how it affects production.
My old people move realy slowly so I would assume the older they get the less work they can do, I just wonder how  viable a city full of old people would be.
Kays .. Yes they still work until they retire, but villagers slow down with age the older villagers may spend more time traveling  to work than actually working.
I may be shooting from the lip again as I have not  checked it out as yet (got other fish to fry ATM)

This could be useful for OGAM. Although simple it could be ideal for an aztec foe god. (If you can scipt it for AI???)

rakarok said:
It works. I made both death and retirement ages 300. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Cool :D

Gremxula said:
My old people move realy slowly so I would assume the older they get the less work they can do, I just wonder how  viable a city full of old people would be.

If you set the age high enough, at the pace you play, no one will have a chance to get old. ???

Back