Currupted Saves

Noscere

I want to say sorry for all those I have not replied to on MSN this weekend. I have had a nightmare with my PC and Black and White.

Here is my tale.... Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I shall begin.

On Friday I downloaded and installed an add on for Creature Island. i will not say what add on yet needless to say someone elts did comment the download as buggy, causing him to have to uninstall and reinstall.
So No problem I thought as I backed up my creature mind and saved games, i work in tech support, no problem (Or so I thought  :shocked)
So I installed the add on and started Creature Island to see the changes.
It wouldnt start, instead going to the add on which to be honest was not what I expected. Out of 10 I would give it a 4 (possibly a bit more once I get things sorted out with my game).
I noticed an option on the add on were you can choose to play either the add on or CI, So I click on CI..... Still nothing. The add on had corrupted my CI saved games. after about 2 hours trying to get them back with my backups I gave in.
Starting from the beginning of Black and While AGAIN I created a new creature (Keeping the name Archer, this time my creature is a Lion (I used the cacheX utility to change the default 3 creatures to what i want).
Forgetting about the needs of my villagers I consentrated on getting back to land 5 as fast as possible so that I could see if i could get back onto creature island. Yes I was all out evil this time, amazing myself at how black and spiky my citadel became. I don't know if I went through the lands too fast (getting to Land 5 in about 15 hours game play) but I noticed when I attacked Chugworth (The Slutty Lion that Nemesis has) that my lion was about a third the size of him though Archer still kicked his butt  :p.
So I loaded up the Extrime Growth map and following the instructions to the letter I had archer there until he was at about 90% growth, saved and went back to kick some slutty lion butt..... My lion was still the same size, he was older but still alot smaller that Samson (Yes the name of Nemesis lion had changed).
I have messed around with the files all day today and still cant get either my lion bigger or any of my earlier saves or CI running.
I am going to uninstall everything and reinstall B&W when I get in from work tonight and have to start B&W over from day one again. Having to run through the Tutorial as well AAAAGGGHHHH

Sorry about the size of the post

Hi, :)

If that addon is BWEruption, it has been known to cause problems. The only way to remove it is to uninstall CI and then to reinstall it.

In case you weren't aware backing up B&W is funky since you also need the registry entries to restore your profiles. There is BWBackup which automates the proccess. But it doesn't work with CI. More on backing up the game can be found in this FAQ.

What you're encountering on Land 5 is normal. There's a number of threads on these and the old boards on Land 5. Do a search for them.

Thanks Kays, I am aware of the curse put on my creature by Nemisis and its effects on my creature but I cheated a little bit when I was going for gold by trying to get to land 5 in 1 day and I removed the curse with CacheX and I was getting the same thing when I went onto a skurmish map. I will look at the faqs link when things quiet down a bit. For now I uninstalled the game before.
I have uninstalled B&W and suppose I will uninstall CI and BW Eruptions as well when i get in. So I will start over, I dont mind as i am realy enjoying playing and have already beat Nemisis with a Tiger and am going to play as a Good god with a Lion as my creature.

You can beat the whole game in a day, But not as good or evil just whats quickest. L5 is the worst obviously but  this should take as little as 2hours.
Use the right tactics and starting with an already trained full grown creature. I can usually complete in 5-8h without cheats but using various tricks allowed in the standard game.

Gremxula said:
You can beat the whole game in a day, But not as good or evil just whats quickest. L5 is the worst obviously but  this should take as little as 2hours.
Use the right tactics and starting with an already trained full grown creature. I can usually complete in 5-8h without cheats but using various tricks allowed in the standard game.

*Bounces with excitment then looks around feeling kinda deflaited*
Was anybody elts expecting a spoiler there?  lol

dude i know how you feel that damn thing ruined my almost full bw CI

Back