Creatures Won't Learn to Use the Village Store

BioHack88

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to playing BaW.
I love the game but its really buggy... I've had to uninstall and reinstall the game several times now.

My creatures - in every game, even new ones I start - seem to be absolutely incapable or unwilling to learn how to use the village store.
It's very frustrating.
I remember with my first creature it learned efforlessly - then the game crashed after beating level two, and I had to restart.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and ever since not a single one of my creatures will learn how to use the village store.

I'm not sure what to do about it as its making playing good incredibly difficult.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Do you mean they won't learn the skill? As in, the game acknowledges that they know how in the Creature Cave? Or they won't actually do the skill? If it's the former, I usually just tie them to the store and eventually they learn from watching the villagers.

Keep in mind that if you're on Land One, the Creature Help messages don't normally display, so it's possible he's learning the skill but the game's not displaying it. Check the Creature Cave (shortcut F5) and it should say on one of the scrolls in there whether or not he knows how to use the village store. You can also make the Creature Help messages temporarily display on Land One by entering and exiting a Skirmish game, if you just load any of the maps and then immediately exit back to the campaign.

There isn't any bug related to this that I'm aware of, but I'd make sure you're on at least version 1.10 for singleplayer. The patches are available here onsite. If you're not going to play multiplayer, 1.10 is fine. That's what I play on, since 1.20 (and presumably 1.30) messes up the statistics menu a bit and I actually use that, whereas I don't use multiplayer.

Back