creatures gone!

Pancake01

Hey guys, started playing with ma horse, having loads of fun, was on the first land and tried to do the hermit quest, couldn't as creature was not big enough.
I googled how to get passed it, someone said about opening up a skirmish, So i did, taking my time, teaching my horse everything, doing pretty well, I save the game, go to bed thinking everything is okay, I turn my game back on, and because of this games annoying habit of just loading a game instead of letting the player pick the load, it loaded the main game next to the hermit, went to go into dialog saying my creature isn't big enough and then would just take away my controls and nothing would happen, I couldn't resolve this, so I opened the game up, quickly dived into my temple, loaded a previous auto save, saved that over both the latest auto save and the save I did talking to the hermit and then continue on my skirmish thinking all is well.
I load up my save today and its forced me into a new game, reset my god damned creature and now it doesn't matter what I do or what load I used, its still a new creature, any suggestions at all?
if this is something that's going to continue to happen, its going to make me NOT want to play for obvious reason.70% of the game is your creature so its just become pointless.
So as I say, anyway of resolving this issue may I ask? thanks again for any support anyone might be able to help with.

Hey!

I've had the same problem where the game crashes and I'll be reset especially when entering a votex.
the game will then bring me right back to the beginning.

However just a question did you leave the game when you were playing the skirmish or did you exit back into the main game and then quit? I could be wrong but maybe it didn't save your progress with your creature.

I've noticed it'll only save your progress once you go back into the main game, also did you do a manual save in the Temple? Sometimes I've found I've had to load from in there to get my recent progress.

Sorry if this wasn't a lot of help to you

That is probably what done it you know. Just means I'll have to start again, I'll make better preparations this time and I won't talk to that hermit unless I'm sure my creature is big enough. This was very helpful thank you.
So this does happen again in the future, does anyone know a way of extracting your creature and re-uploading it so if it does happen? I can just force its stats back in.

Back