Creatures before and after release

Wuze

Hi to B&W2 lovers and modders.

While surfing on lionsource.com I found this: http://lionsource.planet-multiplayer.de/download/dl.php?id=579 download.
Well, that is that thing I don't understand. I don't know if you have already discussed this, but there is a huge difference between the previews and the game. It was the same with B&W1, too.
Why is this glorious look shrimped down? I can understand that not all people can have the fastest computers like the have in the Lionhead studios, but it's still no reason for me to fake what you expect to see.

What do you think, Wuze.

It really could have been anything... may have been there was some unfixable glitch with the character model to maybe a loading problem... I dont know... its Lionhead that made the decision. I was quite surprised myself at some of the last minute changes that poped up.. but really Its not to bad..

Sorry but I don't get it. There's no difference between these screen shots and what I see on my screen.

The only possible explanation is your anti-aliasing settings and screen res when playing the game.

Or the preview shot textures and the final game texture sizes differ.

The texture sizes differ for most of the models.

The creature textures are 512x512, where as the evil mind has a much larger texture @ 1024x1024 and the good mind has 512x512.

512x512 isn't that great when you view your creature close up. The ape I have atm, has pixelation on his chest when I zoom close to it. I'll be trying some higher res textures today.

Mr_Soak.

Back