Creature Training

Mary26

Elder
I never really went in for this, when I was playing the original game, I tended to try to convert villages by building and increasing my influence so I could lob miracles over the villages.  In multiplayer, however, it's pretty much dependent on your creature converting villages, and mine is not that good at it.  Without cheating and without spending hours doing this, what's the best way to train a creature?

A lot of repetition...  :D

If you don't have it, download my training map. It's land 1 with a number of extra villages. At the entrance of each village and by the storehouses are a series of quick charge miracle dispensers.

First off, teach you creature to dance and get him into dancing and story telling as a form of impressing. Once he starts doing this with your villagers then he'll usually do it also in other villages as a form of impressing. It's a bit slow but a very low energy form of impressing. And a good story can get a lot of belief. :)

Secondly, When ever going into a neutral village, stop your creature beside the miracle dispensers pick up a miracle bubble, like the Flock of Birds and hand it to him and he should do it. Then reward him slightly for it. Basically, get him in the habit of doing an impressive miracle when ever he enters a neutral town. Since you do have influence, you can also show your creature by casting it in front of him.

A creature likes to impress and wow the villages So the trick is to get him into the routine of doing it. Lead him into a village, get him to pop a miracle and then leash him to the village totem and he should try to do some impressing. If he gets lazy, hand him  miracle bubble to do or give him a slap for it. Else just take him back to your village for a break and then do it all again.

0_o it's called story telling? i thought he was preaching to them about the player!

also, i think i've found a way to make your creature take over a neutral village in about 5-10 minutes

teach him flock of birds and heal increase (H.I. isn't really neccessary)
take him to a neutral village
leash him to the village center and he SHOULD try to recruit people to himself (if trained to impress like that)
if people come to him, re-leash him to the village center
if they don't, then he should cast flock of birds/H.I.
he should be rewarded then
also, if he tries showing off instead of recruiting, let him do that, as he should cast a miricle afterwards

this isn't 100% accurate, it took me about 15 minutes to teach him to do this everytime i leash him to the village center

I never use leashes for anything other than telling him where to go.
If you train him to do these things without the leash its much easier.
Just have him watch you impressing villagers, and as soon as he tries it, reward him.

Right...Kayss What Link To Your Map I Never Thought You Had One.......        :upside :woot :upside :woot

Is it better to start over with a new creature to do all this?

It probably is.
Your creature might have picked up bad habits already. If its young it could relearn.

The main reason I leash mine to the village totem is so that he don't run away when he gets tired of impressing. Or just plain tired. Normally if he's in a neutral village he will start impressing the villagers, but he doesn't always stick around to finish the job.

Mary26 said:
Is it better to start over with a new creature to do all this?

I say try teaching your present creature first and see how it goes.

Darkside said:
Right...Kayss What Link To Your Map I Never Thought You Had One.......   

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=147

What's confusing about it? ???

It goes into the \Black & White\Scripts\Playgrounds folder. Then go into a skirmish game and choose it fron the list.

Which miracles would you recommend teaching the creature?

Water and heal are always tought as the basics.
The 2 most impressive but harmless miricles are Flying flock and Heal Increase are good for both good and evil creatures.
At the end of the land you need to destroy the temple quick fireball is easy for your creature to learn and it dosn't cost him too much energy.
This will be enough to speed through the game with your creature as the front line force while you are stuck inside your influence ring/s.
There is nothing wrong with building up villages ,wonders, making artifacts , doing the scrolls etc.. But after several years different strategys can put new life into an old game for me.

Back