Creature training guide

Albalrogue

I was wondering if someone could give a guide for the first steps in training my creature.
I never manage to train it propaly and it always ends up doing nonsense.

If someone is willing to give me such a guide, I would be really greatfull.

It this for BW1 or BW2?

For BW1 there's a few to be found in our FAQs

I've got plenty of advice, but I'm not good at writing. I can only really answer specific questions. So if you want to know about a specific subject, such as miracle training, dieting, or specific traits you want your creature to have or avoid, ask away.

@Kays : It's for BW1. But the guides in the FAQ aren't really helping me begin in the game.

@Sier : I'm wanting advices for the begining of it's training. The main things that I would like is advise on dieting and making him sleep at night.
After that I wan't him to learn how to impress other villages by burning them or something. I know how to teach him miracles thow.

Getting them to sleep at night is easily accomplished early in training.  Every sundown attach the leash of learning on your creature and focus him inside the pen.  He'll get the notion soon enough.  If he wants to wander off, keep at him and he'll understand that he should go to sleep.  Just do that for a few evenings, and your little guy will go "night-night" in his pen.  I got Angus trained spot-on by using this method.  He also takes any and all necessary naps in his pen too.  Download Kays Training Map to work on creature miracles and any training.  It's awesome!

Well for the "sleep at night training" I just make him sleep in the evening but he always wakes up in the middle of th night and won't go back to sleep. I've put rocks in front of his pen to stop him from wondering off, but he just stands ther looking dull or trying to move the rocks. When I focus him in the pen once he wakes up, he moves to where I focused him and doesn't go back to sleep.

I wonce managed to make him sleep through the night and I stroked him to say it was good. Then my advisor said "you're creature will rest more when exhausted"  :(.

I once managed to make him sleep through the night and I stroked him to say it was good. Then my advisor said "you're creature will rest more when exhausted"

It is hard to tell what you are rewarding him for.  :upside

See if this link helps. it's a copy of a site once part of the now defunct Planet Black & White. So a lot of links probably won't work.

Dieting: When you creature eats something you want him to eat more of, reward him. Punish him if it's something bad. As for frequency, you will have to punish or reward before he downs the food in the first place.

Sleeping: GallopRider has the right idea for the most part. However, realize that once your creature starts sleeping in their pen every night, its VERY hard to get them to break the habit when fully grown. The only reason you should want your creature to sleep when grown up is to heal damage, and it would be very bad if they felt the need to cross the entire map to get to their pen. They may die along the way.
Because of this, I like to teach my creature to sleep where it stands, if possible.

You may want to use the Extreme Growth Map to get your creature to full size. If you use this map, though, you may want to remove all the rocks, mushrooms, and toys so your creature doesn't get distracted.
Also, because it is always night and the pen is so near, your creature will likely develop the habit mentioned above, and it can be hard to break. But I know it is possible because I have done so myself.

Hey, Kays, didn't you dig out the html file for Project Titan or something like that (name?) that was a comprehensive guide to creature training? You know, the one that used to be on Planet Black and White?

I had it on a flash drive but I lost that flash drive. I know that it was extremely detailed and still taught me things after three years of playing the game exclusively (as in, instead of playing other games). I think that that is what this situation calls for.

EDIT: Yes! It is Project Creed. the thread about it is here (http://www.bwfiles.com/boards/index.php?topic=4939.0), and the first reply is wherein Kays gave the link to download the html.

Back