Creature Select and Creature Default

AppleApe

Whenever I start a new game account in CI the basic/default creature is an Ape I was wondering if there was/is a way to change your starting creature in CI or what about just changing the first 3 creatures you chose from on land one?
I know that the first creatures you choose from on land one are Cow Ape Tiger but, what about instead of Cow Ape Tiger it could be Chimp Lion Rhino Bear Wolf. 
Is that possible?
Insight is appreciated!  :)
"AppleApe"     

For either of those problems, you could just use a creature changer program to get you the creature you want afterwards.  You'll find a few options available in our downloads section.

If you want to do it all in game though, I'm not sure how much help I can be.  In CI, if you specify a profile same identical to the one you had in B&W, it should import the creature you had in there.  One bonus to this is if he was a bit on the small side, he'll be enlarged to the same size as that default Ape you got.

I'm not sure if you can change the creature selection on Land 1 in B&W however.  Maybe someone with more scripting experience would be able to tell you if it's possible.

If you just want another creature type, my advice is to just pick any one and then change it right afterwards using a creature changer :;): .

IN the PC version you get to choose to import your B&W1 creature or  start a new one.
It really dose not matter  what the start creature is as you can change it at the dojo to any of the creatures  unlocked  by doing the "challenges".  :D
The MAC version ?????

Some what the same...
When I first got curious enough to check CI out it just started with the sailors then they crashed, then my Ape arrived through the vortex. It didn't give me any choice to start a new game let alone creature.
The only time I can create a new player is to go the options/players screen in game.
I know that by doing the "trials" plinths are raised and then you get the never ending chance
to swap your creature for a different type.
But, what I was saying was that instead of going all the way through it to get a crocodile or lion you could start out with one.
As for creature changers I'll just have to try one!  :laugh2

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=1109

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=203

I don't know which one I used, but that's what I found... And I don't know anything about MACS.

Ok, I have a creature changer now but, how do I open a .exe?  :help
I have tried everything from Adobe 9 to an Unarchiver. :banghead 

???.exe files are windows  specific programs/applications.
There is nothing  you can do under a MAC OS but  if you  use WINE then maybe it will run.

Gremxula:
Is Wine an operating system or a program?
Sier:
Sier said:
I don't have creature isle and I don't have the disc on me. I thought maybe there was a way to just check on the computer.
I just figured out how to check:
On the loading screen of the game when they give you a little tip it should say at the bottom right corner
something like 1.1.2 or something like that.
Hope it helps!  :)

AppleApe said:
Gremxula:
Is Wine an operating system or a program?

WINE is a program designed so you can run .exe on linux if i remember correctly.
it dosen't work for all programs though

Wine is available in both Linux and Mac versions I believe.
I think it  runs  like any other emulator, so you  start the  program and you get a pretend PC that you can use for  older PC programs on other Operating Systems.

Do you mean something like this?
http://www.winehq.org/
Except when I go to the download page it gives me all kinds of downloadable choices but, I just want the basic Wine and I want it to open some .executable files.
So how do I choose the right one?

AppleApe said:
Sier:I just figured out how to check:
On the loading screen of the game when they give you a little tip it should say at the bottom right corner
something like 1.1.2 or something like that.
Hope it helps!  :)

Sorry, I also can't even play the game at the moment. I think I mentioned this in a few other topics. I'm just wondering if there is something I can check on setup or something.

Anyway, this kind of belongs in the other topic, doesn't it?

AppleApe.... Go to the FAQ section in the link you provided, that's about all the help I can give.
I just don't have a Mac and  getting my pc to run a Mac emulator to run  a PC emulator to run  an old  program that is really mostly pointless, is a step to far for me.

Sier:
My answer was/is probably in the wrong topic.  :sorry 
It just seemed right to post the info in this thread because you posted in it already.  :)
Gremxula:
I was only asking your opinion/advice, not for you to try to see how it works yourself on Mac.  :D 

AppleApe  Just trying to say  that I would if I could have a go at it,  but it  is not practical  to try.

Back