Creature-pattern baldness

Question

My video card is a GEforce3 Ti200

my wolf was 15 years old, on land 7,hight 11and completely hairless. i seen pics n stuffs showing creatures with fur and my wolf seems like he's a little cold. Also i started a new game with a monkey and hes a tiny bald little ape! none of my creatures are getting fur :mad:

oh also the game is set to medium settings so whats happening.

Yes, it probably is due to your video card not supporting it.

Have you tried playing on high detail. ???

I have a Geforce 5200 and my card cant handle fur either, so what i did is: Went to black and white 2 in my program files, then under data, copy the file graphics.config, then open it with notepad.

It should open up a list of graphic cards, so just find yours and cahnge the numbers, i think 1  1  1 will get u fur, thats what i did for mine.

emmm... what shall i do if the graphic card you are looking for isnt in the list because mine isnt......
i really want creature hair thats what i was looking forward to and to see it get wet heheheh.....
:help

What is your graphics card?

You can either add it or try changing the values for similar cards.

Do make a backup before making any changes.

hmmmm after searching the forums i have solved my own problem. After going into my Graphics.config file i changed the configurations to 1  0  3.

Well now i have fur en grass en all that good stuff. However its becoming increasingly unplayeable. Gotta wait for that RAM upgrade until i can appreciate the game to its full extent.

well its not very good because i havent got a upgrade for ages i know thats its a intel but where do i find where my graphics card name  is because i know its not that one thats oready there so i really need  :help
(im not a computer genius)

The only Intel graphics controller listed is the 82945G.

To find what you've got, click on "Start" then "Run", type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and your system info will be listed.

this is the name i excatcly i found
Mobile intel(r)    915GM/Gms, 910Gml express
i know thats not good but i will get an upgrade say around well when i can afford it.

"Mobile" tells me that it's a laptop and you won't be able to upgrade the video on that.

Here's the Intel page on your chipset. There are recent drivers available and I would suggest you download and install them.

One thing you can try is to open up the graphics.config file in the Black & White2/Data folder with Notepad and to change the configuration for the Intel 82945 controller to 2,1,2 and see if that makes a difference. Or add the following. Don't know if it will work but what the heck.

915GM/GMS        2     1     2

Or just play around with it to see if something helps. For the outside numbers higher is better detail and for the middle one the lower number is better quality.

Do make a backup of that file before making any changes. :yes

In looking at the specs closer it's not a bad card, I think you should be able to see hair using it.  How much system memory do you have?

If the above changes to the graphics.config file don't work, try using:

82915G/82910GL  3  0  3

or

82915G    3  0  3
82910GL  3  0  3

Almost at the bottom is a line which starts with 5200.

The 5200 is a low end card and might not support all features.

well i think i have solved my problem i have bin playing on high detail shall i go medium meby that was the problem. So shall i keep high or go medium?

Try it and see what thedifferance is.

If you're on high detail you can also go into the custom video settings and just cut back on some of the options.

well i my creature doesent have hair but wot options shall i put back on custom?

Back