Creature not learning (other than miracles)

Sigurre

Hopefully someone sees this--I know these forums aren't super active.

I'm having a problem where my creature isn't learning specific actions, such as watering trees or stocking up the village store.

I was afraid I messed up a few things with my first creature (haven't played in years), so I started a new profile and got a new creature. I loaded a training map, taught him a few miracles no problem, taught him to be curious and pay attention to me, and taught him how to take care of himself.

However he won't, for the life of me, learn how and when to use miracles or how to do things. I throw him on the learning leash, cast water on trees or something, and he looks and points but then never emulates me. My last creature picked up on it in just a few attempts (I had a Cow, now I'm using Horse).

Not sure if it's a glitch or not. I've reinstalled the game, made about 3-4 creatures, and they all do the same thing. I've tried going as far as going to the second island, but no dice. Any thoughts? Thanks!

UPDATE!

So I kept playing, and I was finally able to get him to start following instructions once I passed the scaffold/building tutorial. Thank god, I thought I was losing my mind.

Back