Creature Mind Training

Simpa105

Ok, so i'm not the best creature trainer, i have read many good guides. But as i try to execute them in the game, my creature does really strange things.  :help 
So. Here is a little note of what i do to learn my creature, when i slap him, or stroke him, and how much. Please leave comments about all things i could do better.

Lets start with the training.
When i get the leash of training, the first thing i use to do is to learn my creature what and where to eat, and my choice often goes to fishing. First, i give my creature fish with my hand and stroke him on his belly, the secound time he's low on energy i let him watch people fish to 100%, and leash my creature to the fishing school(nothing happens) instead, he goes straight to eat a fisher. Slap(20%), Creature goes  :( then  :p, so third time, leash him there again, sit down, drink(10% :D) and off to another villager, slap(30%), creature goes exactly like before, and  the forth time, he's ACTUALLY eating the fish. I stroke him(20%), and then the next time he's low on energy he eats a villager  :angry slap(80%), creature goes same as before, but also with  :shocked added in the middle(you know when he, takes hes hand to the mouth and looks around), and so it continues. (haven't found an answer of this thing yet...)

Now sleeping in pen(at night), this wasn't a problem from the start tough.
I like to make my creature sleep at pen at night, at first he grows, and at secound its... night... So, at the night, i make him go to the pen, he sleeps and at the morning i stroke him(20%), Sometimes he sleeps at day or outside the pen, then a slap(10%). Works fine now.(Except from the non eating part)

I would like to add the miracles. too, so off i go to Killroys Training Place and learn him some miracles, and i want him to create food and then eat it(How do i do that?) Also watering trees(Not solved) and impressing villages(not solved)

So i would be happy if anyone good fix this :D thanks

Training creatures in BW1 can be touch-and-go.  I slapped my Ape to 100% about 7 times for bringing things home, and he still wanders around looking for stuff (mainly beachballs and his own poo) to bring to the temple.

I think you're doing pretty well.  To get him to impress villages, use the learning leash and keep your creature with you when you impress villages.  When the note on the bottom says "your creature wants to impress somebody", reward (I do about 20%).  He'll pay attention to you as you impress the town, and he will learn the miracles too. 
I got my cow to water trees just by watching it and then rewarding him (to 10 or 20) when he watered a tree by himself.  Not sure on creating magic food and then eating it.  I've never tried though...

I usually try and help everyone who asks for help on this game, but... I just don't feel like it much anymore. ... ... Did you look at the other topics on the boards? Because I'm fairly sure someone came along not long ago asking the same things, and I replied.
I will say this. Advance past land one so the creature messages appear that tell you how your creature is feeling. This is key so you can reward/punish for the right things.
Never punish/reward past 20 percent unless you want to create a hierarchy with miracles(reward more for miracles you want him to use more)
You can not teach the creature to create food for the purpose of feeding himself. He can not think ahead.
Creatures love poo. When they want to bring it home, by all means, let them. It's funny.

my creature does really strange things.

Yes, they tend to do that. Welcome to B&W :)

For a good guide on punishment and reward see the following FAQ

http://www.bwfiles.com/faqs/index.php?action=file&id=40

i want him to create food and then eat it(How do i do that?)

That is something they won't/can't do. The closest if filling the storehouse and the eating from it. For watering trees, you can get your creature to create and maintain a forest. If you pick up a tree that emits a green puff of dust, then when you re-plant it. It will produce saplings. These will grow if watered. It takes a bit if work, but you can get your creature to do it also. You just need to keep his attention while showing him.

For Miracle training and impressing, try using my training map.

I once read that the watering tree's should be done in another way, the guide says 20-30%, but to get it fit i think it's better to the first time stroke him 90%, then 80%, then 70% and lower 10 % even down to 0. And it will stay there forever

Btw, when i still have an open thread, is there a way to swap the 3 creatures that you can choose in the start to something else?

I think that would depend on the priority you want to give that action. Stroking to 90% at first should give that action a higher priority.

But, lets say i do that on wood food and water, will he end up being to kind to feed himself, or will he just become a good creature, easy to handle?

Hmm, more like a good creature. :)

If you're concerned about him learning to and being able feed himself then that's not the approach. First off, teach him to fish. Leash him to a fisherman and he should learn quickly. Then during the course of the day keep an eye on his hunger. When it get's above 50% interupt him and to where the fish are. Click on the fish so he will pick some up. Then rub his tummy to make him eat it. Repeat until his hunger is at 0 and then only reward him about 10 - 20 %. Fish farm are easy food and plentyfull in the first lands. But do try to mix his diet. Grain from feilds need to be ripe first and is best out of the storehouse. Also there is livestock available. Cows are very fattening though.

The trick is to try to get him in the habit of eating when above 50% hunger. Eventually he should learn to do it himself. The same goes for thirst. But the key is to do it slowly otherwise they might become compulsive eaters.

[fs]Note: When a creature's hunger get's above 50% he will start drawing his energy from his body fat. When the body fat gets depleted beyond a certain point it will start affecting his growth.[/fs]

A couple notes.

Never teach the creature to eat from the fields. The game has a glitch where it registers the grain as an inedible object, like a rock or tree. The grain must touch the ground(turning into the sand-like pile of whatnot) before it's considered food.

Creature fat is lowered by 1% for every few seconds that the creature remains over 50% hunger. Now, you want your creature to have SOME fat, so this is bad. You should teach him to eat at about 40% at latest. Consider the fact that it may take him a while to reach a food source, so you may want him to start looking for food at 30%.

Back